Eliminating a program that we no longer want to use should be, in principle, a breeze. All versions of Windows have always included a tool to uninstall programs . Thus, getting rid of any software that does not interest us has to be apparently simple. But this is not always the case.
Some programs resist us, so use other strategies. And in more extreme cases, ask for help from an expert to solve the problem without causing a major disaster.
Today we want to help you remove a program that cannot be uninstalled in Windows 10 .
Delete a program from the Control Panel
This is, let's say, the straightest mechanism. The one that will take you directly to eliminate those programs that you do not need and that in principle, do not pose major problems. It is likely that you have already tried it this way, but if you have not done it and need instructions, here you have them:
1. Access the Windows 10 control panel . You can do it by clicking on the start button and directly typing "Control Panel".
2. When you are inside, go to Programs and Features . You will find the programs you have installed in alphabetical order. Find the one you want to delete and right-click on it. Then choose Uninstall.
Software to remove programs
One solution may be to use other software. There are different solutions to eliminate those programs that resist. One of the most interesting is IObit Uninstaller. But you also have Revo Uninstaller. Both are free programs (although they have their own paid version), but they do their main job.
1. Download either of the two programs (you have the links above). We are going to try it with IObit Uninstaller , but the truth is that either of the two will work for you. In a few minutes you will have them downloaded. Follow the usual installation process.
2. When you have IObit Uninstaller on your computer, all you have to do is search for the program in question. This system can work both for programs installed on the computer natively, as with software that you have installed but it generates difficulties and for the famous browser bars and spyware that cause so many annoyances. Click on Uninstall.
3. Next, it is important that you make sure that your computer has been completely clean. You can click on Deep Analysis so that the system takes care of a good cleaning. It's about not leaving the slightest trace of the software that is causing you problems.
Delete registry information
Another interesting option is to access the registry to eliminate any trace of information that may remain from the program in question. This option can be complementary, especially if you have already applied the normal Windows 10 uninstallation system .
Residual files often take up unnecessary space and can end up causing problems in the short and long term . Thus, it is best to eliminate them. If you use the program that we have indicated, you can eliminate this data directly, through the so-called Deep Analysis.
I WILL NOT RECOMMEND BOTH touching the Windows 10 registry if we are not expert users. If you want to do this, be sure to ask a professional for help to solve the problem for you. Otherwise, you can get into serious trouble.
1. WARNING: don't delete anything you don't know what it is, because you'll be messing with the guts of the operating system. At your discretion, to delete the excess files, the first thing you have to do is access the registry. You can do this by pressing the Win + R keys or by typing regedit and hitting Enter .
2. Then, once inside, go to the File> Export section . This will help you move and save the information about the current state. Thus, if you have a problem, you can always access the original state.
3. Now you will have to access HKEY_USERS / .DEFAULT / Software and search for any folder or program file that may belong to the program you have uninstalled. Be very careful with this step. You must be completely sure that the files correspond to the same. When you have them located, right-click and choose the Delete option.
4. When you finish, you will have to access the registry editor. HKEYCURRENTUSER \ Software , HKEYLOCALMACHINE \ SOFTWARE, and HKEYLOCALMACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node. Here you will also have to do a search to see if there are any files that may still belong to the program in question.
In principle, all the files of that program should have disappeared.