Removing the background from any image is usually a delicate job and sometimes quite tedious. Those more educated in the field will know how difficult it is, sometimes, to have to select the outline of an image with the "Magic Wand" or "Magnetic Lasso" tool in the case of the famous Photoshop, and try to do it with precision necessary to avoid erasing important details .
For all of them, today we will talk about various applications and tools that are equally useful without falling into the classic ones that everyone already knows. And best of all, none of these options require you to download them.
Next, we will show you several options at your disposal to remove the background and obtain a PNG file that will allow you to isolate your image without any background content, and without being so cumbersome. Keep reading this special to know all the details. Let's go there!
We started with Remove.bg, a website created exclusively for this purpose. The service works thanks to artificial intelligence and allows, in a very short time, to remove any background from an image . Of course, it is limited to human beings, so if we want to use it with the photo of an object or an animal it will simply reject it.
Although the system is not 100% effective , since it does not always outline the figures as well as we would like, especially with poorly defined backgrounds, in most cases it gives a quite satisfactory result.
In summary, this is a very useful and simple free online tool for all kinds of users. To work with it, we will have to carry out a series of instructions:
- In the first place, we only need to upload the photograph that we are going to edit (or insert it through a web link), and in just a few seconds, the system will detect the human figure and cut it out for us.
- In addition, we can also apply various photographic editing and retouching tools if we click on the "Edit" button. As you can see in the image, we have several options to change the background of our cropped image, from changing the background with a series of default color templates, or even another image that we have saved .
- Finally, when we are happy with the result, we only have to download the photo in PNG format with a transparent background and we have it ready to use in our montages.
Background Burner is another free online tool that will help us quickly remove the background from any image or photo. To do this, just follow the following steps:
- We access the official website of Background Burner.
- Click on the blue button that indicates "Choose a Photo", located on the right margin of the page , or else we drag our image and drop it in the dotted box that is right next to it.
- Next, we can see how the tool automatically removes the background from the image quite precisely. We will have several results to choose from, but if we want to make additional changes, we will only have to click on the "Touch Up" button that is below each of the resulting images.
- If we choose the “Basic Tool” option, we will use the “Mark Foreground” (Green) and “Mark Background” (Red) tools to define the parts of the image that you want to delete, or leave as they were . To apply the changes we simply slide the cursor over the image surface as if it were the Brush tool.
- Now, if we choose the Pixel Tool button, for a much more precise result. The “Poligon Mask Eraser” and “Poligon Mask Restorer” options will allow us to draw several lines to form a polygonal outline that we will later remove or incorporate into the image. Those who handle Photoshop will remind them a lot of the Magnetic Lasso tool, although saving the distances
- Finally, if we are already happy with the result that can be seen in the preview of the image, we click on the green button "Start Session" to download the photo. We will have to create a free account to save our work, but it is no greater mystery. Much less if you access through your Facebook or Google accounts .
The third reference in this list has quite a few options, but perhaps its usability is somewhat more complicated than the rest. However, like the other tools, this application specializes in cropping elements of a photograph and is available online for free , although it also has a downloadable version for Windows and Mac.
To work with Online Photocissors, we will have to do the following:
- As is logical, the first thing will be to upload our image. The tool works with JPG and PNG files.
- Next, we will have to paint in green what we want to keep and in red what we want to eliminate. We can combine both colors to achieve the most personalized selection possible.
- In addition, we have several options that will make the task easier, such as the Magnifier option to help us better visualize the work table, or the Undo and Redo button , in case we need to correct something. Also, in the same way as Remove.bg, with Online Photocissors we can replace the background that we have just suppressed with other images or add solid color.
This has been all folks. I hope you liked this guide and that you have been able to discover simpler and faster ways to remove the background from an image. If you are not too demanding, these tools are perfect for simple assemblies . In the opposite case, you can always resort to more complete editing programs. And of course, if you know of any other website to do so, we invite you to leave it in the comments.