On April 4, the deadline for submitting the 2017 Income Tax return began . Thus, from this week, users who have submitted it online (face-to-face returns will not begin until May by appointment) can now consult the status of your return.
If you have paid, you will have no choice but to pay the resulting amount within the indicated period. If you have had more luck and you have the right to a refund, you will be able to carry out all the checks on the processing through the virtual office of the Tax Agency. This year, you can also do it from a mobile application.
As the days go by, you may see that the return goes through different states . These have different meanings, depending on the taxpayer's situation. If you have doubts, below we offer you all the keys to understand in what stage your return is and when you will receive it.
Meaning of the messages for the return of Income 2017
From the moment you present the income statement and until the refund is ordered, the Tax Agency can update the status of the same . The process may be quick or it may take a little longer. Everything will depend on whether the Tax Agency has to make more or less checks, whether it detects an error or whether you have outstanding debts with the administration.
The statuses that can be displayed are as follows. And they have different meanings:
- Your declaration is being processed . This is the first status shown when the return has been filed. This means that the documentation has already been sent, but most likely it has not yet been reviewed by a technician from the Tax Agency. The checks should start shortly.
- The declaration with the indicated amount has not been recorded or is in process. Check the amount. If this message appears after submitting the return, there may be a problem with the shipment. In any case, what you should do is check with a manager that everything is correct or make an appointment with the Tax Agency to verify it. Keep in mind that you won't be able to do it until June 8.
- Your declaration has been recorded and is being verified . You don't have to worry, it is normal for the Treasury technicians to carry out checks. In any case, you are already on the way to order the return that corresponds to you soon.
- Your declaration has been processed by the Tax Management bodies, and the refund requested by you has been deemed in conformity . If your return is already in this state, you can rest easy, because the Tax Agency has already verified that everything is correct. If you see this message, it will most likely take you very little to receive it to your account.
- Your return has been issued on X / X / XXXX; If in 10 days you have not received the amount, go to the delegation / administration of the Tax Agency corresponding to your tax address . This is the time when the processing will go to the offices on Calle Lérida in Madrid. This means that the payment has already been issued. You should receive it to your account on the next business day. If a few days have passed and you still do not have the money, check with your bank or go to an office of the Tax Agency to check what could have happened.
How to consult the return of the 2017 Income
If you do not know how to check your return, we recommend using the application that the Tax Agency has released this year. All you have to do is start it and enter your mobile PIN to unlock it. Then, click on Income 2017> Processing status . From here you can easily check the status of the return.
If you want to check it through the website of the Tax Agency , you can also do it. Simply access the 2017 Income page. Click on Draft / return processing service (Income WEB) and enter your reference number. You can also access with an electronic certificate or with the Cl @ ve PIN. From this page you will be able to see the status directly, download the Rent and do any other pending management.