Windows 10 introduces an interesting feature: virtual desktops. If you haven't tried them before, you may not really know what they're for. In fact, you may not even know they exist. Well, today we are going to tell you what they are and how they can be organized
Some users who have tried them cannot live without them, because they know that this is a good way to keep everything well organized. You will love them or hate them, there will be no middle ground. What is clear is that Windows 10 virtual desktops will be useful for those who always have many tasks on their hands .
We tell you what they are for and how you can get the most out of them . Read on below to find out.
Let's start at the beginning, what are virtual desktops?
Let's go to the base of everything. First we have to know the tool. Multiple desks are like real desk tables, but with this virtual case, in which we can organize all the windows that we have open. Best of all, we can do it separately.
But why is this useful? Well, if you work with different things during the day, it would be interesting if you had them organized by desks . Imagine that you are self-employed and that you work with different clients. In this case you can have within each virtual desktop all the windows and tools that you need for each of your jobs or projects.
Another interesting option, divert the distractions to another place. If it bothers you to have WhatsApp Web open and receive notifications all the time, it would be nice if while you work you keep this advantage away from “your work desk”. Thus, when you need to consult those windows, it will not be necessary to open them from scratch. You just have to activate the virtual desktops button and recover the desktop that interests you.
The great advantage of all this is that the screens that you have set aside and distributed on other desktops will not appear in any case. If you want to activate them again you will have to click on each of them.
How to use Windows 10 virtual desktops
Although it may seem like it at first, using Windows 10 virtual desktops will not be difficult for you. To create them, we recommend that you follow these instructions:
1. Click on the virtual desktops button. It's right next to the start button on the taskbar. If it isn't, it may be disabled. Right-click on the bar and check the option Show task view button .
2. You will see that when you click this button, the virtual desktops appear immediately . The first will be the one you are using at the moment, but you will most likely find a second activated.
3. All you have to do is click on it and start working as if you were doing it from scratch . Open on the desktop all those windows and programs that you need and that you want to keep isolated.
4. But don't worry, the virtual desktop system is not only limited to a couple of them. You can create as many desktops as you want . All you have to do is click on the plus sign of New desktop and create all the ones you need.
5. Finally, you should know that you can manage the different windows you have on each desktop through the menu. Click on the element you want with the right mouse button and a series of options will be activated. From here you can move the windows to the left or right .
6. You can also move an item to any of the desktops. You can also make one of these windows operational on all the desktops that you have enabled, which will come in handy if it is a tool that you use for everything.