Until recently, when we wanted to manage an invoice, we did it through Excel. The popular program of the Office suite. It is, in fact, a very useful tool, allowing both experienced and novice users to adjust the various functions to their needs .
However, over time other platforms have appeared that solve old problems. We are talking about Google Docs, Google's office suite in the cloud . With which users will have the opportunity to create, edit and share documents. And to always keep them online: which undoubtedly facilitates collaborative work.
Another important advantage has to do with the fact that we will always have a backup in the cloud . This will prevent us from being upset by the loss of documents. If you usually do invoices and you don't need an invoicing program, Google Docs can become an excellent solution for your office.
Will the invoice templates for Google Docs be useful to me?
Currently, there are countless billing programs that can help you solve your billing problem. If you are self-employed or have just entered this world , you should know that all invoices have to be ordered by number.
Keep a very specific and scrupulous order (any change or mistake can bring you problems). And have the corresponding taxes added. In many cases it will be the VAT, in others the personal income tax and in others both. And although all this is a help that the manager can provide you, then we will also give you a cable.
What we wanted to do in this article is compile a total of 20 invoice templates for Google Docs . They will come in handy if you don't bill enough to have a billing program installed. And if it is enough for you and you have enough to have a template at your fingertips.
How to download invoice templates for Google Docs
Since March 2017, Google has not offered users the ability to access the template gallery that until now had been available for Google Docs. So if you had set out to search there, chances are you will run into failure.
That is why we have tried to find other templates that, being available online , belong to private creators. But that can be used as a template or sample document by anyone. And they are accessible online.
The first one that we want to offer you is the one proposed by Bitfactura. It is a basic model, which you can access from this link. And in which you can enter all the data you need to formalize an invoice . If you need it, you can also make the modifications that you consider appropriate.
More open invoice templates for Google Docs
We have located more invoices, but they are not in Spanish. Fortunately, this is of no importance. As these are open invoices for Google Docs, you will be able to make all the modifications that you consider appropriate. Thus, in addition to changing the language, you can add the concepts and formulas that are really useful and essential for your business.
- Black Invoice Template - Includes instructions for making modifications
- Service Invoice Template: this model is more suitable for the provision of services
- Sales Invoice Template: if you usually sell products, this invoice template will come in handy
- Purchase Order Template: another invoice template for purchases made
- Packing Slip Template: This template serves the same purpose as the previous ones, but is a bit more organized and is available in green hues
- Legal Invoice Template: those who perform legal or advisory services have this other template at their disposal, which can also come in handy
- Freelance Invoice Template: This template is specifically designed for freelance or freelance users, who provide services on their own
- Billing Invoice Template: if you prefer to modify your invoice template through Google Sheets, here is just what you need
- Proforma Invoice Template: proforma invoices are necessary for some procedures, so it is interesting that you have a template on hand to know exactly what its characteristics are
As we indicated, the only thing you will need to be able to use these templates to create invoices is to download them. Then you will have to translate the different concepts and adapt them to your needs. Although the originals are in English, this is the same as you would have to do with an invoice template in Spanish.
Guide to fill in invoices
If you plan to use any of the invoices that we have proposed, we recommend that you first take a look at all the data that you must enter. It is important that you are clear about what each of the included data corresponds to and what it is for. They are as follows:
- Invoice number. It is the number that you have assigned to your invoice to identify it within your own accounting. It is important that these follow a correlative order, because this will make things much easier for you when taking the accounts to the Tax Agency. If it detects an error, you could have problems. Make sure you do it right and that you follow a logical order.
- Date of issue. All invoices must have an issue date. It is also recommended that, in addition to following a sequential numbering, the invoices are ordered by dates. This will be very useful for locating them.
- Order number. It is the order number of your client to which the invoice issued corresponds, but it is not a mandatory information. And it may be that depending on your activity, it is not necessary to indicate it.
- Expiration. This is what is known as the deadline for the customer to pay the invoice.
- Products or services. Here it will be necessary for you to specify or indicate the type of product or service you are offering. Logically, it has to correspond to the activity you do.