When you are in the habit of using a search engine and using a certain version, it is difficult to adapt to another. This happens to us, often, when, for whatever reason, the browser is deconfigured and returns to the default options. Or when we move to another country and we need our searches to match the results for a specific country: the one in which we are located or the one in which we work.
Be that as it may, if you are one of those who use Google as the default search engine (if so, you will be among the vast majority of users in the world), most likely you need to set your favorite version as the default.
It is not uncommon for Google Spain to be misconfigured on occasion (and for whatever reason) as the default search engine. So, if you have proposed to establish it as the main one again, we are going to give you the precise instructions to achieve it.
Google Spain, set the browser as default
You may have tried repeatedly and not succeeded. If you need help, we will give it to you right now. The first thing to do will be to access your Chrome browser and follow these instructions:
1. Enter Chrome and access the Settings section. To do this, click on the three buttons in the upper right and click on the Settings option.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the different options in this section until you reach the Search section. From here you have the option to configure which browser you want to use as the default in Chrome.
3. Look at which search engine appears as the main one to be used in the address bar. If it is not the one you want, in this case Google Spain, you will have to click on the Manage search engines button .
4. It is very likely that what happens is that the address of the search engine that redirects you to Google Spain is not correct. In this case, you will have to click on the three configuration buttons at the end of the line and choose Add, to create this option.
5. The address to be entered in this section is the following: “//www.google.es/search?q=%s”. It is important that you write the address correctly, because otherwise, you will not access Google Spain correctly.
Another recommendation: change the language
If you verify that this option is correctly configured, it is possible that your problem is another and that is that you must change the language of the search engine. You can also do this quickly through the Search Settings section of Google Search.
You can access the search settings from here. On the left side of the page, you can click on the Languages section . Here you can choose two things:
- What language should Google products use? This feature is what allows you to change the language of the Google interface, as well as the messages and buttons that appear on the screen.
- Current language of search results. If your problem is in the search results, from here you can select different languages. What Google does in this case is to try to find results written in the language that has been selected and to do it automatically. However, there is the option to choose more languages.
2. Once these options have been chosen, all we have to do is click on the Save button. It's located at the bottom of the screen.