We are currently very used to using tools like Google Maps to locate ourselves on the ground. The maps that Google provides us are very useful, especially when we have to move from one place to another, to explore cities that we do not know and to find the best routes to reach our destination as soon as possible.
However, students and people who prefer other more traditional media continue to use printed maps. The first, logically, to study. Geography is still our pending subject, so it never hurts to look at maps and even test yourself to learn how to locate the different autonomous communities, provinces and cities .
What we propose today is a series of maps that you can download and print for free. They are all of good quality, so they can help you explore Spain community by community, province by province. In fact, we will offer you a specific section so that you can download maps of each of the communities with their corresponding provinces: Andalusia (Almería, Cádiz, Córdoba, Granada, Huelva, Jaén, Málaga, Seville); Aragon (Huesca, Teruel, Zaragoza); Asturias (Oviedo); Balearic Islands (Palma de Mallorca), Canary Islands (Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria); Cantabria (Santander); Castilla la Mancha (Albacete, Ciudad Real, Cuenca, Guadalajara, Toledo); Castilla y León (Ávila, Burgos, León, Salamanca, Segovia, Soria, Valladolid, Zamora); Catalonia (Barcelona, Gerona, Lleida, Tarragona); Valencian Community (Alicante, Castellón de la Plana, Valencia); Extremadura (Badajoz, Cáceres); Galicia (La Coruña, Lugo, Orense, Pontevedra); Madrid ; Murcia; Navarra (Pamplona); Basque Country (Bilbao, San Sebastián, Vitoria) and La Rioja (Logroño).
Political maps of Spain
We will start with the political maps. These offer divisions and political organizations of a territory, both countries, cities or provinces. It is possible, on the other hand, that the political maps that we download also include information on routes, roads, roads and other issues, which can also be revealed on tourist maps.
These maps are usually clearly delimited and usually have the different areas, communities or countries differentiated by colors . In addition, the capitals are usually represented, so they are perfect for studying. What we propose below is a collection of twenty quality political maps of Spain that you can download and print: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 , 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Physical maps of Spain
Let's continue with the maps of Spain, but in this case physical. As you know, physical maps are those in which the characteristics of the earth's surface are represented . We refer to the rivers, the type of terrain, its height and, on the other hand, the seabed.
The natural features of the terrain, such as rivers, mountains and deserts, are also represented here. These usually appear on the map in different colors to indicate the different phenomena . But they also do it in different intensities. In this way, the altitudes of the terrain and the depth of the sea can be indicated, depending on the surroundings of the coast or the ocean.
The dark green color serves to represent the depressions in the terrain , while the lighter green serves to indicate the plains. We go to yellow for the plateaus and as the altitude increases, we go from orange for the mountains, brown for the mountains and darker brown for the mountain ranges. The blue and light blue tones are reserved for water in rivers and lakes.
The physical maps of Spain will be great for you to learn our country on the ground. You have, for example, the rivers (Ebro, Tajo, Guadiana, Guadalquivir, Duero, Miño, Segura, Júcar…). To start, we recommend you download these 20 maps of Spain with rivers, some silent, so that you can practice the names of the rivers and their tributaries: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 , 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. On the maps you will also find the seas(Cantabrian, Mediterranean) and ocean (Atlantic), the sub-plateaus (North and South), the Galaico Massif, the Cantabrian Mountains, the Basque Mountains, the Pyrenees, the Iberian System, the Ebro Depression, the Serranía de Cuenca, the Montes of Toledo, the Tagus Valley, Las Vegas del Guadiana, Sierra Morena, the Guadalquivir Depression, Sierra Nevada, Sierra Segura, the Penibetic Mountain Range or the Catalan Coastal Mountain Range. The gulfs and capes of the peninsula are also represented here, such as the Gulf of Roses, the Gulf of Sant Jordi, the Gulf of Valencia, the Cabo de la Nao, the Mar Menor and Cabo de Palos, the Cabo de Gata, the Strait of Gibraltar, the Bay and the Gulf of Cadiz , Cabo Finisterre, Cabo Peñas, Cabo de Ajo or the Bay of Biscay. Obviously, most of these maps also represent the islands, which are the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands, with all their characteristics on the ground. If you are interested in downloading a map that includes all these characteristics that make our country so special, we offer you a total of twenty. Some are also mute, so that after studying physical Spain you can practice on a blank canvas of the territory. Here you have them all: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Maps of Spain by autonomous communities
- Andalusia. We start with one of the richest communities in our country, culturally, architecturally and gastronomically: Andalusia. On the internet you can find a good number of interesting maps to download which are the following: the first map is very complete, because it contains all the provinces and regions of Andalusia, this other also contains the provinces and can be great for school exercises, this one contains infinity of towns and areas of interest, so it can be very useful to use as a tourist map, and this one contains the roads. We have also found a map that includes exhaustive information on the biodiversity of Andalusia, the map of Andalusian landscape areas, natural spaces and botanical gardens and finally, another with the Andalusian provinces and regions,very useful to learn or consult them.
- Aragon . Let us now continue with Aragon. Whether you are going to travel to Zaragoza, Teruel or Huesca, or if you want to study all the regions and municipalities of this autonomous community, this first map will come in handy. It contains a large amount of political information so that you do not get lost in any case. Here you also have a map with the roads of Aragon, another regional one with a raised background, that of the main regions, one of the simplest with the three provinces, the linguistic map of Aragon and the map of the rural Aragonese network.
- Asturias . We traveled to Asturias to offer you a collection of very interesting maps to download and print, if necessary. This is a very simple map of the Principality of Asturias, with information on the main towns. Here you have Asturian provinces and towns, a political map that will be great for your trips or a regional map. And finally, here you have a map of outdoor sports and activities that you can enjoy in the Principality.
- Balearic Islands . If you were looking for maps of the Balearic Islands, here we are going to provide you with a few, which you can consult and print as required. The first is a very complete map, which contains exhaustive information about the islands, with the most important roads, links and localities. It is an essential guide if you are going to travel to the Balearic Islands. This contains the main municipalities of Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca and Formentera. We also provide you with a family tourism map, very useful for family excursions and outings, a blank map and a very graphic one, with some of the most popular destinations.
- Canary Islands . Let's start with a simple and classic map of the Canary Islands, where you will find all the information you need to travel there or to make any questions about the towns of the Cabildo. We have another map with the main towns, a blank map to identify the islands and locate the different municipalities ideal for students, a very clear and complete one with the main towns and provinces and one only of provinces, with their corresponding capitals.
- Cantabria . Cantabria is one of our most beautiful communities, so if you want to visit it, don't waste your time and download and print this map of Cantabria Infinita. It has all the information you need to move around all the provinces and municipalities of this beautiful autonomous community. We also propose a much simpler gray map, but with the information you need, here you have information about the regions, a map of the Government of Cantabria that includes all the roads in the territory, and another with different municipalities.
- Castilla-La Mancha . Let's start with this fairly complete map of Castilla-La Mancha, which includes information on roads, provinces, municipalities and important natural areas. This includes all the roads to move around the community and its provinces, the map with the employment offices of Castilla-La Mancha, a map with spaces to locate the different municipalities, a simple map with the provinces, a silent map to locate the localities in the territory and one that collects information on rural development in Castilla-La Mancha.
- Castile and Leon . Let's start with this political map of Castilla y León, in which you will find information about the different provinces and localities. It is a very simple map, but enough to position you. Here you have the main provinces in bright colors, a relief map of the community, a map with the main roads, and another blank for you to place the different provinces and capitals on it. Here you have different regions, a map of forest utility and another with the regions of the CAP.
- Catalonia . Catalonia is an autonomous community with four provinces: Lleida, Barcelona, Girona and Tarragona. Are you planning to travel here for sightseeing? Do you need maps to guide you on your way through any of these provinces? Well, we are going to provide you with some interesting maps. This first is a physical and political map in which you will find the four provinces, but also the counties. This includes all the regions and probably has a much more current aspect. It is clear and easy to understand at first glance. You also have a road map, very useful for trips. Finally, we provide you with a blank and colored map, so that you can locate the most important places in Catalonia on the territory.
- Ceuta . Now we propose a trip to Ceuta. A journey through the maps, of course. One of the most interesting is this one, because it will be great if you plan to tour this autonomous city. Here you also have a map of Ceuta, which includes Isla Perejil. This other is a map that includes the accesses to the port, another one prepared by the Ministry of the Interior for the protection of birds, and finally, one in which you can find the most interesting enclaves of the city, as well as museums and others. points of interest to visit.
- Valencian Community . Let's start with a first political map, very clear and colorful, of the Valencian Community. In this we find all the information - classified by color, which is not bad at all - for the regions of the North, the Interior, the Túria-Xúquer, Central, the South and the City. It is a very good quality map. We also have for you a silent map, in case after learning all the Valencian regions and regions, you want to put your knowledge to the test. We invite you to take a look at this other map on ornithological tourism in the Valencian Community. We also have another super complete with all municipalities, which also includes roads, which will be great for doing routes on the ground. Finally, we propose a fairly detailed map of the city of Valencia.
- Estremadura. Let's now travel to Extremadura, an autonomous community where you will also have the option of doing good tourism. Because the truth is that between Mérida and Cáceres we can find great historical wonders. Let's start now with this map of Extremadura, in which in addition to seeing the main municipalities, you will have the option of exploring the main roads that connect with each other. This other is a physical map of Extremadura and another in which you can see the main areas and geographical features of this territory. Although if you are looking for more quality, perhaps this other map can be better for you. Although if what you are looking for is a map that is a little more playful and touristy, you will be interested in discovering this other, in which you have summarized things about the territory as interesting as the cherries of the Jerte Valley,the Paprika de la Vera or the Torta del Cásar.
- Galicia . We go a little higher, to the North, to Galicia. The first thing we propose is a map showing Galicia, with its four provinces (Ourense, Pontevedra, Lugo and A Coruña). Then we have a map with the main roads, one of Galicia in Roman times (in case you need a historical map) and another with the Galician regions. We also propose a very complete map of the provinces and regions of Galicia, and finally, a blank map in which after studying the provinces and regions, you can use to test your knowledge.
- La Rioja . We will start with the maps of La Rioja with a tourist map, ideal if you plan to visit this autonomous community. We also have a road map, one with the main regions and municipalities, more regions and municipalities, one with information on wines (we must not lose sight of the fact that we are precisely in the land of wines), one with the main family wineries and another physical of relief, which will interest you to know the main characteristics of the terrain.
- Madrid . And now we are going for the maps of the capital and the Autonomous Community of Madrid, in the center of the country. We have found a Madrid tourist map that is perfect for those who wish to visit the capital, a map with the main roads and communications, a very complete map of the main bicycle communications in the big city, a map of the entire community , the political map of the Community of Madrid, the regional map of the community, a map with the most important areas and localities of Madrid and in case you are curious, here is a very interesting historical map on the public roads of Madrid.
- Melilla . We are now going to another important city, which is none other than Melilla. The autonomous city also offers us many interesting points to visit, so the first thing we propose is a map of the city in which you can see the main streets and most important points. This map will help you to locate Melilla on the territory, and this one too. If you are also going to travel there, we propose this other map, in which you will see some interesting points, precisely of this city.
- Murcia . Let's continue now in Murcia, a community of which we are going to propose a first map, a little more general and in which other nearby regions appear. Here we have another map with the main municipalities of Murcia, a map of the municipality of Murcia, different cities and municipalities of the community, a physical map with some main roads and a map that in addition to including Murcia, there are also Almería and Alicante .
- Navarra . A little further north, we will go to Navarra to find some interesting maps to print. The first is a very detailed map, with physical details, roads and the main municipalities of Navarra, including capitals, but also small towns. We also have a map with the regions of Navarra, in this case made in very bright colors and absolutely clear. Let's continue with a specific map of Navarra roads, a tourist map with the main areas of Navarra, a cartographic map, a map of tourist routes through Navarra, another very complete topographic map, all the roads in Navarra and here a distribution map of the regions of Navarra.
- Basque Country . The last autonomous community for which we are going to propose maps is the Basque Country. The first is very complete and contains all the provinces of this community. We have another map that can be very interesting from a tourist point of view, a very complete one with infinite information on municipalities and roads, a map with the three provinces (Bilbao, San Sebastián and Álava), another political map of the Basque Country, a map of the roads, a map with the provinces, and we end with another map, which in this case is of greenways in the Basque Country, perfect if you intend to travel this community following these roads.
Maps of Spain mute
What are maps for when they do not contain information? You will have deduced that we are talking about the so-called 'silent maps'. These are super useful for students, because after having reviewed and memorized the political or physical maps, they can use these models to write all the provinces, capitals, rivers or mountain systems on paper.
Most of these silent maps of Spain are made in very light or neutral colors, so that it is easy to fill in the information by hand on each of the regions, which are usually perfectly limited. In this way it is very easy to use them and that they are useful.
What we propose below is a total of twenty silent maps, both political and physical, of very good quality, that you can use to review through the computer , but that will be much more useful if you download and print them. Whatever you do, we provide them all here:
- Twenty silent political maps of Spain . They will be great for you to learn and practice knowledge about the Spanish autonomous communities, but also the different provinces that compose them and their cities, which are capitals. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
- Twenty silent physical maps of Spain . If you still do not know the rivers of Spain or you have difficulties to point out the different mountain ranges and mountain ranges, a blank physical map of Spain will be very useful. We have tried to choose different maps, so that you can practice all the existing geographical features on our peninsula. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
We also suggest a dozen silent maps of Spain, completely blank, so that you can use them in the way that is most useful to you: to make graphs, point out provinces, cities, languages or typical foods. Here you have them: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Fun games and maps to print
Let's continue, finally, with a final proposal so that the smallest of the house - and perhaps those who are not so much too - are encouraged to learn the different autonomous communities, provinces, capitals and geographical phenomena of Spain. A good way to do it is through games, so what we propose are interesting and fun map games to download and print . We have also tried to include here a collection of funny maps, in which Spanish customs, stereotypes are collected and jokes are made about the very character of Spaniards in the different provinces.
Some even include the most typical gastronomic products or the most famous monuments. Here we also propose a cut-out with which you can learn all the provinces in a more agile and fun way and an illustrated map of Spain full of curiosities.