The era of credit cards may be nearing its end. As you read it. There are not a few banks that already offer their customers the possibility of withdrawing money from ATMs without having to carry any plastic on them . Just the mobile.
In most cases, you just need to install an application. And logically, be duly authenticated. It is a sine qua non condition to be able to use this type of tool. Today we take a look at how this system works to withdraw money at a Santander, BBVA or Bankia ATM without a card .
How to withdraw money from a Santander ATM without a card
Santander offers its customers the possibility of withdrawing money from an ATM without a card. Of course, it has to be a Contactless Cashier. The functionality is operational through these applications: Santander Wallet, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
1. The screenshot you see here belongs to the iPhone application. But if you have a Samsung device, you can do it the same. First of all, make sure you have successfully downloaded Santander Wallet (iOS and Android).
2. Next, you will need to use Apple Pay, if you have iOS . Or Samsung Pay, if you have a device from the Samsung house.
3. Next, you will have to find a Contactless Cashier . You will identify it by the symbol of red waves.
4. Choose the card from which you want to withdraw money . If you don't, the system will select the one you have marked by default.
5. With the application open, you have to bring the phone closer to the ATM's Contactless reader . The application will ask you to enter the PIN code. You will have already identified yourself.
Keep in mind that if the ATM is not Contactless, you will not be able to withdraw money.
On the other hand, you should know that with the connected debit card you can withdraw and deposit money, check the balance and see the latest movements. To do this you will only need your mobile.
How to withdraw money from a BBVA ATM without a card
Can you imagine that you leave the house and leave your wallet at home? Well, it happens often. Although now there is a fairly practical solution. And it is the possibility of withdrawing money at any ATM without using the card. Of course, you will have to carry your mobile.
The first thing you have to do is download the BBVA app . You have it available for both iOS and Android. From this application you can send money to whoever you prefer and also to yourself.
To achieve this, you just have to enter the recipient's phone number and the amount . You can instantly pick it up, you or whoever you have chosen, directly from the ATM.
The recipient (or you) will receive a key by SMS to withdraw the cash. This key is valid for 24 hours from its dispatch.
How to withdraw money from a Bankia ATM without a card
And we end with Bankia, another financial institution that offers its customers the possibility of withdrawing money from any ATM without a card. The first thing users will have to do is download the Bankia application , which is available for both iOS and Android.
To withdraw money from a Bankia ATM without a card, you will have to access the section Perform operations without a passbook or card . You will need to select a destination. Whether you are going to withdraw the money yourself, or if you plan to have someone else do it, the application will send a text message with a code.
And it is this code, along with your phone number, that will help you withdraw the money at the ATM , without having to introduce the card.