As with any Android- based device , the Sony Xperia Z5 can also reboot into recovery mode. However, being a new device, the Xperia Z5 comes with another type of configuration, completely different if we compare it with other Xperia smartphones or with other Android phones . The recovery software is hidden by default on the Xperia Z5, therefore it cannot be accessed through the classic menu.
In case someone doesn't know yet, the recovery menu can be used for updates (with OTAs only ) or for troubleshooting (a hard reset can easily fix different software-related issues). Restarting in recovery mode is an official procedure, which means that you will not lose your device's warranty if you decide to do so. You must bear in mind that it is possible that when carrying out this process you will lose all your personal data, information and accounts . For this reason, it is important that you previously make a backup copy and restore the applications that you have installed to save yourself future troubles.
It is also essential that before getting down to work you check the status of the battery. It is very important that you plug the device into the charger if the percentage is less than 50 percent. If your Xperia Z5 shuts down while doing recovery mode, you could have serious problems with the device. Therefore, it is absolutely essential that you take this step into account. There are several methods to perform recovery mode on an Xperia Z5.
- You need a computer and the USB cable
- The first thing you should do is turn off the smartphone
- Now press and hold the lower volume button. While you do, connect the phone to the computer
- From there follow the prompts that appear on the screen in order to get to the recovery mode menu
- From the recovery, select "restart the system now" if you want to return to the Android operating system .
Another way to be able to enter recovery mode on your Xperia Z5 is by using some ADB commands . So the first thing you have to do is learn how to install the Android SDK on Windows or how to configure ADB on MAC OS X / Linux. Once you do, you just have to perform the following steps:
- Connect your phone with the computer with the help of the USB cable
- Your phone must be on
- Access to your computer to the folder SDK for Android
- From here open a command prompt window (hold down the Shift key while right-clicking on any blank space)
- In the cmd window write: "adb reboot recovery"
- Now the Sony Xperia Z5 should automatically restart in recovery mode.
Another way to run recovery mode is to use an application called Quick Boot (you can find it on Google Play). Install it and run it on your phone. Then you just have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen.