We could say that Google knows practically everything about us. What do we look for, what do we buy, what interests us and what ads seduce us. It also has important clues about our health symptoms, our physical states, and even the doctors we go to.
Not in vain, in addition to recording everything we type, Google has the immense power of following us to the places we visit . Especially because, for some time now, there is no one who moves from one place to another without the mobile in their pocket. Even within our own home.
And what about our browsing history in Google Chrome? If you regularly use the browser of the search giant to make any query on the Internet, you will know that everything - absolutely everything - what you are looking for is stored in this history. Today we will tell you what this history can say about you and how you can delete it in a few steps.
What is the browsing history in Google Chrome?
Let's start at the beginning, because if you have never taken a look at your browsing history, you will be interested to know exactly what Google Chrome does with what you are looking for, how it keeps it and for how long it keeps it. Obviously, all searches made from the browser , but also from your Google account, are saved in the Google Chrome browsing history . In other words, the searches made on the mobile will also be computed here, as long as you have logged in with the same user.
You will see, if you consult it, all the Chrome pages that you have visited. Logically, the pages that you have visited in incognito mode or those that you have directly deleted from your browsing history do not appear here. This is all the information searched in the last 90 days , so that those that have been visited beyond that period will not appear either.
How to remove a specific item from your history?
You may not want a specific item to not appear in your browsing history. Imagine that you have bought a gift for your partner over the internet or that you are trying to organize a birthday party for her in her favorite rural house. Taking any unnecessary risks could spoil the surprise - all you have to do is strike that reference from your Chrome history .
1. Access Chrome, either from your mobile or browser, and click on the icon with the three dots, located at the top right of the screen. Then choose History . You can also access it directly using the Control + H command, with Chrome open, of course.
2. You don't have to delete your entire browsing history. You can strike a specific element. Simply search for the one that interests you in the history by browsing through the dates. Select it and choose Delete from history .
3. If you want to delete multiple items at once, you can easily do that too. Simply select different items and then hit the Delete button.
How to delete all Chrome history
If you want to start from scratch, with a clean history like the jets of gold, you can also delete everything. It is an agile and simple way to strike down your entire trail in the Chrome browser . You can do it in the following way:
1. Access your History in Chrome. You know: from the three buttons located in the upper right, choosing History. Once inside, you will see all your search history. You have to click on the option Clear browsing data .
2. Next, a window will be enabled, from which you will have the option to strike down the entire browsing history . You just have to check the following option: Clear the history of all the devices you have logged in to. Your Google account may have other types of browsing history at myactivity.google.com
3. If you have it clear, click the blue button Clear data .
How to make history not save in Chrome
You may not want the Chrome browser to save a single of your steps on the network. If this is your case, you will have to try another formula, because in principle, the system records each and every one of the pages you visit. And this is where private browsing comes in. If you don't want Chrome to save your browsing history, you will have to browse privately, using incognito mode.
If you activate this system, Chrome will not save your browsing history or cookies. Neither the information on the websites, nor the information that you have entered through forms. You must bear in mind, of course, that the downloaded files and the added bookmarks are registered and that the activity you carry out will continue to be visible to the websites you are visiting, your company, educational center or internet provider.
But how do you open an incognito window? You should know that this is not an automatic gesture. That is, to be able to open a window of these characteristics, you will have to do it expressly, every time you access Chrome to navigate. To open it, do the following:
1. Click on the icon with the three dots, located at the top of the Chrome window .
2. The menu will be activated and you will have to select New incognito window . What will appear next is a Chrome window completely dressed in black and gray. All you have to do is start browsing.
The searches and pages you visit will not be stored within Google's history, but you must bear in mind that if you access from your company or school computer, those responsible for the system will still be able to see where you access. This information will not be recorded at all in Chrome.
Keep in mind, on the other hand, that if you access Chrome again at another time, the incognito mode will have been deactivated. If you want to always navigate in a hidden way, you will have to activate the window each time using the indicated procedure.