Information updated to 03/05/2017
The update to Android 7.0 Nougat has been available for a few weeks now, but the truth is that manufacturers are taking their time to implement it. So much so, that there are not a few terminals that are still on the waiting list , despite the fact that their manufacturers have announced that they are compatible with the version. The update to Android 7.0 brings with it a number of improvements . Among the most important we have the multi-window system (an option that some manufacturers had introduced, but that Google had not developednatively so far), new notifications with quick response system, personalized quick settings, quick exchange between applications and other important improvements, related to performance. Unfortunately, we knew that the update process would take several months, so do n't be surprised if your smartphone is not yet updated . If you want to know when your equipment will be updated, you can take a look at the following calendar.
ATTENTION: We will update this article week by week, so that you are up to date with all the news that arise with the update to Android 7.0 Nougat for your phone.
The update to Android 7.0 Nougat is being very slow. Samsung is not very fond of the official update calendars, but for now we can say that Android 7.0 has first reached the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge . The data package will have to run throughout 2017 to the main devices of the brand. There they are, of course, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge Plus. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 +They came standard equipped with the most recent version of Google's platform. Now we have to wait for the rest of the phones in the catalog to be updated. Although they may do it directly to Android 7.1. In fact, it has been known that Samsung is already in flour ...
- Samsung Galaxy S7 : After a tough test run, the update to Android 7.0 for the Samsung Galaxy S7 arrived at the beginning of the year, although most users began receiving it in March. If you are a user of this device, you should have already received it.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge : The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge followed the same path as the Samsung Galaxy S7. By now, teams should be up to date. During the first quarter of 2017 they have also received some security patches.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 : We know the update has been in the works since late last year, so it should be on track to install between May and June 2017. These are the forecasts.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 : We have learned that the update began to be prepared in mid-November. The data package started rolling out just a few weeks ago.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge : The update has already been rolled out in a good number of markets.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + : Also available. Along with the S6 and S6 edge, this model should be able to update to Android 7.0 from now on.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 : It was scheduled for February 2017, but we are already in May and it has not yet arrived. Most likely, it can arrive within a few weeks, although tests have been observed in which this equipment works with Android 7.1.1 Nougat. This could lengthen things.
- Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 : Like its companion, the team may go directly to Android 7.1.1. There is still no specific date on the horizon.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 : We positively know that Samsung is testing Android 7.1.1 Nougat for this version. Forecasts point to an update during the second half of 2017.
- Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 : This team would not miss the train either. It is expected that it can move to a newer version of Android during the second half of the year.
- Samsung Galaxy J3, J5 and J7 2016: This bundle of entry-level smartphones is also entitled to upgrade. It is believed that the update could occur in July 2017.
- Samsung Galaxy J3, J5 and J7 2015: They were introduced a couple of years ago, but Samsung wants to continue to support them. Thus, the update to Android 7.0 or 7.1 is expected in October 2017.
When the Huawei Mate 8 was introduced at the time , the phone was already running Android 6.0 Marshmallow , just when Google had already updated its Nexus devices . After different tests in the beta phase and having presented some of its great novelties in 2017 (read the Huawei P10 that have been circulating in our market for a few weeks now), the updates to Android 7.0 continue their course.
- Huawei Mate 8 : The update is already underway in Spain since February 2017.
- Huawei P9 : It has already been updated in Spain. It has been shooting since mid-January 2017.
- Huawei P9 Plus : It was launched in March 2017. It should arrive progressively throughout the month.
- Huawei Nova : The update has already started, including in Spain.
- Huawei Nova Plus : A previous beta version was released, but now the update to Android 7.0 is available. Users can install it from April 2017.
- Huawei P9 Lite : It is late, but in Europe it has been updating since the end of March 2017.
- Honor 6x : After a beta version has been deployed, we can indicate that the update to Android 7.0 has already been launched in May. It will progressively reach all deployed teams.
Sony is usually quite accurate when it comes to reporting updates for their computers. While it is true that users who have wanted to participate in the beta program have had the opportunity to test a preview of Android 7.0 , the final version will not arrive until October. This is the forecast adjusted to the Sony roadmap , but taking into account that we are already in the middle of the month and nothing has happened yet, we will have to be cautious with the information that we have on the table for now.
Be that as it may and according to these data (which are the only ones available), the Sony Xperia X Performance and Sony Xperia XZ will be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat in the first instance and during this month of October 2016. The Sony Xperia X and Sony Xperia X Compact will receive this data package from November. In December of this year Android 7.0 could arrive for all members of the Sony Xperia Z5 family , the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet and the Sony Xperia Z3 +. The rest of the equipment that will be updated will not do so before the end of the year, but it is most likely that users will have to wait until mid- January 2017 .
- Sony Xperia X Performance : The update has already started. From the end of November it will progressively reach all terminals.
- Sony Xperia XZ : It has started to be updated on December 1, 2016. The data package is already reaching users in Spain.
- Sony Xperia X : The update has been underway since December 2016.
- Sony Xperia X Compact : The update started in December 2016 and should progressively reach all markets where this device has been marketed.
- Sony Xperia Z5 : The update had started, but for now it has been withdrawn due to problems. It is expected that it will be available within a few days. At the end of February 2017, the update has resumed for all users.
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet : The update has been restarted again at the end of February 2017.
- Sony Xperia Z3 + : This update is also underway since the end of February 2017.
- Other teams : Won't receive it until well into January 2017
All the devices that the Chinese firm ZTE has on the market work through Android , so it is not surprising that some of the most cutting-edge are also included in the calendar of updates to Android 7.0 Nougat , but the truth is that for now not too much data has been released about it. We know, yes, that the first ZTE devices to be updated will be the ZTE Axon 7 and ZTE Axon 7 Mini . It is true that certain leaks and captures of the ZTE Azon 7 running through Android 7.0 have appeared, but at this point it is not yet possible to determine if the update will arrive before the end of the year or if we will have to wait until 2017 for that to happen . We will remain attentive to inform you.
- ZTE Axon 7 : The update has been launched on February 7. It will arrive progressively and will bring with it the long-awaited compatibility with Daydream VR. It has been arriving in Spain since the beginning of March.
- ZTE Axon Max : comes standard with Android 7.0, but will be updated to Android 7.1 during the first half of 2017. These are the forecasts.
- ZTE Axon 7 Mini : the date is yet to be confirmed, but for now you can participate in a trial period to test the beta version. Everything suggests, then, that the update will be close.
- ZTE Blade V7 : upgrade to Nougat is in doubt.
- ZTE Nubia Z11 : could arrive during the second quarter of 2017
- ZTE Zmax Pro : like the previous one, it could also land in mid-2017
Alcatel has a fairly wide range of devices in its catalog, so it is sometimes difficult to keep track of each and every one of the updates that will take place. In the absence of more models being confirmed, we know that the first to be updated will be the Alcatel Idol 4S, Alcatel Idol 4 and Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 . Two of them were released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow . We know, on the other hand, that the update will not come out until Alcatel considers it to be stable, so that the process could even drag on until the beginning of next year. We will continue to inform.
- Alcatel Idol 4S: it would be updated from 2017
- Alcatel Idol 4 : will receive the update during 2017
- Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 : not expected until well into 2017
As usual, the Nexus have been the first to update, although in the case of Android 7.0 Nougat , things have gone a bit differently. For now, you should know that the devices that have already been updated to the new version of this platform have been the following: Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Nexus 6, Pixel C and Android One . However, it appears that Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X users are experiencing issues after upgrading to Android 7.0 . We talk about automatic reboots or excessive battery drain.
- Nexus 6P : Updated
- Nexus 5X : Updated
- Nexus 6 : Updated
- Nexus 9 : Updated
- Nexus 9G : Updated
- Pixel C : Updated
- Nexus Player : Updated
It is very likely that users of Motorola terminals will receive Android 7.0 Nougat very soon , despite the fact that at the moment, the company responsible is Lenovo . During this last quarter of the year, members of the Moto Z and Moto G4 families will be updated to this version . Maybe a little earlier, the most cutting-edge phones will also have the opportunity to update from this October. We are talking about the Motorola Moto X Force, Moto X Play and Moto X Style . Later, new teams and new dates will be confirmed.
- Lenovo Moto G4 : It has already started in some markets. His arrival is imminent in our market.
- Lenovo Moto G4 Plus : Testing has already started in Brazil, with a data package weighing 935 MB. The update has already arrived in some markets and will be rolled out progressively in the rest. In March the tests continue.
- Lenovo Moto Z : The update has been confirmed and should start in the next few weeks.
- Lenovo Moto Z Play : The update has already started in Europe.
- Lenovo Moto X Force : The update has been delayed in Europe until May 2017.
- Lenovo Moto X Play : Most likely it won't arrive until May 2017.
- Lenovo Moto X Style : Forecasts say it won't arrive until May 2017.
- Motorola Moto X 2013 : you can install it unofficially
- Moto M : the company has confirmed that there will be an update. It may go directly to Android 7.1.1 Nougat, but for now we cannot give a specific date.
On previous occasions, LG has managed to launch an Android update in just two months for its most important devices. The LG V20 will be the first phone to arrive as standard equipped with Android 7.0 , but it is expected that the rest of users can enjoy the update from the next few weeks. In November 2016 the LG G5 could arrive , although the beta was already launched for this same device in August. The LG V10 could also be updated, but that won't happen until February 2017 .
- LG V20 : comes equipped with Android 7.0 as standard
- LG G5 : Forecasts were for November and the update has already started in Italy. It is most likely that it will then spread to the rest of the European markets. In early December, the update has already started rolling in Europe. Attention, the latest data indicates that the data package is already landing on Spanish devices (12/15/2016).
- LG G4 : It will arrive after March 2017, because LG has confirmed it. However, we still do not have a specific date on the table. What we know should happen in the months to come.
- LG V10 : Although it was scheduled for February 2017, it will most likely arrive at the same time as the update for the LG G4.
The Taiwanese company HTC was very diligent in launching the update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow for its main devices . If the manufacturer follows this pattern, the launch of Android 7.0 Nougat would have to occur at least two months after the official launch, so it should be ready before the end of the year. For now, HTC has confirmed that it will update the HTC 10, HTC M9 and HTC A9 to Nougat . The next device to be presented by HTC and presumably the HTC 11 would come standard with Android 7.0 .
- HTC 10 : The update had started in some markets, but in Europe chaos reigns. The data packet had stopped, but now we have known that it could arrive sometime in February.
- HTC M9 : The update for free models will not arrive until the beginning of 2017. At the beginning of December 2016, some North American users have started to receive the update to Android 7.0 via FOTA. Now we know that many users have already begun to receive it, so that the deployment could materialize in our country during the month of February 2017. We may have a surprise in the coming days.
- HTC A9 : Android 7.0 Nougat isn't expected until well into 2017.
The BQ firm has just released the update schedule for all the terminals in its catalog that will be able to enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat , but also for the other versions. If you have a BQ terminal and want to know when it will be updated to the latest edition of Android , take a look at this list:
- bq Aquaris X5 Plus : in March 2017 it is updated to Android 7.1.1
- bq Aquaris U Plus : the update started at the end of March 2017
- bq Aquaris U : together with its serial companions, it has also been updated since March 2017
- bq Aquaris U Lite : complying with the forecasts, it is updated at the end of March 2017
- bq Aquaris X5 : this one would be updated a little later, starting from the second quarter of 2017
- bq Aquaris M5 : from the second quarter of 2017
- bq Aquaris M5.5 : would not arrive shortly either, but between April and June 2017
- bq Aquaris A4.5 : it may be possible shortly, but there is still no date for 2017
The main novelties
As soon as you have updated your device to Android 7.0 Nougat , you will have the opportunity to benefit from a number of interesting improvements. But do you know what exactly they consist of? This is what you can expect from the new version of Google's operating system :
- More efficiency when running and installing applications
- More potential in the graphic section , thanks to Vulkan
- Some (but few) cosmetic changes: redesign of the notification bar, new settings and quick access to recent applications
- Native multi-window mode , so you can use two applications and / or functions at the same time
- Grouped notifications and direct responses
- More customization options for quick settings
- Ability to adjust display elements for the visually impaired
- More supported languages
- Faster updates
- Data saving system
- Optimizing Doze Mode to Save Power
Do you have any of these terminals in your hands? What device are you waiting for the update to Android 7.0 Nougat ? As we learn more information about dates or other details about the launch, we will make all pending updates.