Using a Gmail account can be very comfortable. Especially if you usually already work in the cloud or through different tools, from the browser itself. But sometimes we need to have more than one email address configured.
It is actually very easy to do. But you have to carry out different steps carefully. For what? Well, to correctly configure an email account in Gmail. You can use it from the inbox itself. Receiving and sending the messages you need. And without having to use any other program, beyond the browser.
If you want to set up a new account in Gmail , follow these steps
1. First, access your email inbox . Logically, you will have to enter your username and password.
2. Then, click on the cogwheel that takes us to Settings. When you are inside, you will have to select Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail . Make sure IMAP is enabled. This is the first check you should do.
3. Now access the Account and import section to add the new email address. Click on Add an email account . Here you will have to enter the desired address. When you're done, click Next.
4. The system will ask you if you want to import emails. You can do it directly from your other account (POP3). Choose the option that interests you and then click Next .
5. Now you will have to write the mail configuration . What does this mean? Well, it will be necessary for you to enter all the most important data. This includes the username, password, and POP server.
From here you can also configure if you want to leave copies of the recovered messages on the server, if you want to use a secure connection (SSL), if you want to tag incoming messages or if you want to archive them directly.
6. When you have finished with this configuration, click on the Add account button . The account will be set up in your email inbox . And you can receive emails simultaneously with your usual Gmail account.