Korean company Samsung has just launch the upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom , a variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 original has an integrated camera up to 16 megapixels . Like most of the leading mobile phones in the Samsung catalog , this device also has its corresponding portion of KitKat prepared , which means that users will have the opportunity to enjoy the important improvements that this version brings: a new bar notifications, status icons in white, direct access to the camerafrom the home screen, more Bluetooth profiles to sync additional accessories or even the ability to print files from the phone itself, without the need for cables. To these improvements we have to add important repairs in the section on safety and performance . But what do you have to do to update the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to Android 4.4.2 KitKat ? We will tell you step by step, below.
Option 1. Update with cables, through the KIES software .
First step. Install the KIES software on the computer.
1) You already know that with most Samsung smartphones , it is possible to start the update via OTA (without cables) or by connecting the phone to the computer. In this second case, it will be necessary that you have installed the software proposed by the firm itself. We are referring, logically, to Samsung Kies , a program that is used to carry out this type of updates, but also to synchronize contents from the computer to the phone, make backup copies and manage files, in general. If you have not installed it yet, you must access the official Samsung KIES page .
2) Within this page you will have to select the type of version depending on the product and the operating system you use on your computer: Windows or Mac . In addition, within the Windows section , you will have to select the Kies download instead of the Kies3 , which only works for those smartphones that have been presented from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and work through Android 4.3 or higher.
3) The download should reach your computer in just a few minutes. The installation file will have been downloaded to your computer and you should be able to locate it at the bottom of the browser (in the case of Chrome ) or directly in the downloads folder (if you use Firefox ).
4) All you have to do now is click on the Run button to start the installation process. It will be necessary, of course, that you accept the license terms and follow the steps indicated by the system . You will see that it is a very simple and fast process.
5) With Samsung KIES you already have the main tool to carry out the installation through cables. At this point you have the option of installing a shortcut to the desktop (interesting if you are going to use this program very often). When you have decided, click on Finish .
Second step. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to your computer.
1) This is the time to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to the computer. You will have to do it through a USB cable that you will find inside the box of the equipment, although you can always use any cable that is compatible with the connectors.
2) When plugged into the USB slot of the computer , the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom should be recognized immediately. The KIES software will be activated immediately and the phone should appear as connected, within the tool itself.
3) If the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat is already available you will see it in a minute. You just have to click on the Basic Information tab . If the check is positive, you should read "The update is available . " You already have almost everything you need to start enjoying Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your phone.
Third step. Make a backup .
1) We have already indicated that the update is almost ready to reach your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom . However, it should be borne in mind that before carrying out any manipulation on the terminal software, the data must be saved and well saved . And is that any failure could spoil all our files and settings. For this reason, we recommend that you make a backup from KIES . Open the program.
2) Click on the Backup tab and select the Reset option .
3) This is the time to select those files that you want to keep safe. However, the best option is still to Select all items and save all the content that you have stored on the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom .
4) When you're done, select Backup . Keep in mind that the process can take several minutes. The more information you have saved, the longer the system will take to make the copy. Please be patient and wait. As soon as you finish, you only need to click on the Complete button .
Fourth step. Update the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to Android 4.4.2 KitKat .
1) If you are done with the previous steps, now is the time to launch the update. All you have to do is click on Download firmware .
2) Keep in mind that the process can take a long time. The only thing you have to do is wait patiently and never disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom at any time. You will see the progress of the update in a progress bar that will indicate its real status.
3) Once the update process has finished , the system will send you an informative notification. Please note that the device should restart automatically. Once turned on, the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom will already have all the improvements proposed for Android 4.4.2 KitKat .
Option 2. Update via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) or wirelessly
First step. Prepare the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom for the update.
1) For wireless upgrades, prepare your computer so that no problem occurs during this delicate process. First of all, it will be necessary to have the battery of the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom fully charged, or at least up to 80% . Any accidental blackout could ruin the update and part of the contents of the equipment.
2) Next, you will need to connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to a WiFi network that can offer you certain guarantees of stability. Choose the one from work or the one from your own home to carry out the download with complete peace of mind . You will save a good peak in data (it must be taken into account that update packages are usually very heavy) and you will avoid any accidental cuts during the download.
3) Before continuing, we recommend that you make a backup copy of all the content that you have stored on your computer, as well as the settings. To carry out this process you will only have to connect the device to the computer and follow the instructions in point three, which tell us about making a backup with Samsung Kies.
Second step. Look for the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat .
1) To start the update, you should first have received a notification from Samsung . If not, you will have to look for their availability.
2) You can do it by accessing the Settings> About device section . If the update is ready, the system will tell you and you can start downloading and installing it on your device.
3) When you find it, click on Software update .
Third step. Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom .
1) The phone will automatically connect to the Samsung servers . The download process will begin and you will have to wait patiently for the process to finish. Respect him and do not interrupt him at any time.
2) Follow the instructions provided by Samsung at all times . Remember that you will not be able to use the device during the entire update process.
3) The Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom will automatically restart when the update is complete. When it is turned on again, you should start enjoying all the news that we have discussed for Android 4.4.2 KitKat .