Windows 10 is here. As Microsoft promised , yesterday, July 29, the Windows 10 distribution process began , which as you know, comes as a free update for computers with Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. In order to have the update, it is necessary to reserve it in advance through the Get Windows 10 app. Many users had done their homework a long time ago, but yesterday they found that the download was not yet available. The reason is that Windows 10 is being rolled out in a staggered fashionand it doesn't arrive at the same time for all users, but it could still take days or even weeks to arrive. If you are one of those impatient who cannot wait to have the news that Microsoft offers , there is a method that allows you to force the download of the update right now. The tutorial has been published by the RedmondPie blog and consists of a few simple steps, we will tell you how to do it.
- In order to install Windows 10 it is essential that we have an original copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on our computer.
- It is also important to have the updates up to date or otherwise we will not be able to access the Windows 10 installation.
- Check that your computer meets the minimum requirements
- To force the download you will have to have previously reserved your copy of Windows 10.
How to force download Windows 10
1) First you have to open Windows Update from the Control Panel or searching from the Start menu. Once inside, we access the configuration section and check that the automatic updates are activated.
2) Before continuing, it is advisable to check that the system has not started downloading Windows 10. To do this, we go to computer C: / and look for a folder called $ Windows. ~ BT, if it is not there, the download has not started still.
3) The next step is to enter the path C: / Windows / SoftwareDistribution and delete all stored content , this will not affect the operation of the system, so there is no danger.
4) When we have all the previous steps completed, we must open the Command Prompt to execute a command. To access it, simply type CMD in the search section of the start menu, but you do not have to click normally to open it, but right click to select the option Run as administrator.
5) Once we have the Command Prompt open , all we have to do is run the following command: wuauclt.exe / updatenow
6) If all goes well, after a few minutes Windows Update should start downloading the update to Windows 10. The package weighs around 3 Gb, although it may vary depending on the computer where we download it. The installation process is very simple and can be completed in just a few steps, as we already explained in our tutorial to install Windows 10 .