Windows 10 continues to drag problems in its latest updates. The last case to add, to a list that includes updates that deleted personal files, is related to the antivirus that the operating system pre-installs on all your computers, Windows Defender. The company itself has recognized that when installing this latest Windows Defender update, the operating system may not boot. This issue would affect all versions of Windows 10, Enterprise, Home, and Pro, as well as Windows Server 2016 (cloud operating system).
Your Windows 10 won't start? Try this tutorial
This failure would affect those computers that had the Secure Boot function enabled (version 4.18.1901.7) in the BIOS. The best way to avoid this failure is to prevent the computer from updating the version of Windows Defender. If you have still updated and your computer has started to give you startup problems, we will tell you how you should correct it.
- Restart your computer and access your computer's BIOS.
- Once you are in the BIOS menu, disable the Secure Boot function . Save your changes and then restart your computer again.
- In the search window, next to the start button, type 'CMD' and open a command prompt window. Don't forget, before opening the window, press the right mouse button and enter 'as administrator'.
- In the window that appears, enter the following command "% programdata% MicrosoftWindows DefenderPlatform4.18.1901-7MpCmdRun.exe" ( without putting the quotes, be careful).
Now, you will have to wait a couple of minutes before continuing with the tutorial. Then, on that same screen, execute the following commands (remember, always, without quotes).
- "Sc query windefend": with this command you will ensure that you have not completely disabled Windows Defender and thus are not unprotected.
- "Sc qc windefend": we are going to verify, with this command, if the version of Windows Defender that you have is not the one that has given errors, that is, 4.18.1901.7.
Now, we reboot and re-enter the BIOS. We enable the Secure Boot function again
Via | The world