It is one of the most anticipated updates of the moment. We refer to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and one of the best-selling devices in the Motorola catalog , the Motorola Moto X 2014 . We knew that a large part of the company's latest generation equipment was part of the pools for the update to the latest version of Google's operating system , but until now things had been called quiet. So much so that the only smartphones updated to date are the Nexus . But beware, changes are coming. The Motorola Moto X 2014 has already started updating in some markets. Upgrading to Android 6.0It has been sighted in some markets (the United States, Canada, Brazil and the United Kingdom ), which gives us clues about an imminent deployment in our country. If you have a Motorola Moto X 2014 in your pocket, the time has come to be attentive to any notification that may arrive in the next few hours or days. Is that your case?
Those who have already been able to update know that it is a rather heavy update: 884 MB that you will have to download via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) , which means that it will not be necessary to connect the phone to the computer by cable. In this way, you will have to connect to the Internet via WiFi . Before launching the update, we recommend the following:
- Make a backup of all your contents and settings . Updates are delicate processes that can generate problems, so it would be interesting if before installing them you had made a copy of all the content that interests you.
- Check if you have space available on your phone . Please note that this is a large data package and you must have (at least) 1.5 GB available. Take a look at your smartphone's ability to check if you need to delete content or export it to other media.
And how do I update my Motorola Moto X 2014?
1) Most likely, before the update, you will receive a notification announcing availability . If not, you can check it yourself by accessing the Settings section > About device> Software updates .
2) Once you have the data package available, all you have to do is start downloading it and follow the instructions proposed by the system.
3) At the end of the process, the device will restart and your Motorola Moto X 2014 will already work through Android 6.0 .
And what improvements will users of the Motorola Moto X 2014 that upgrade to Android 6.0 enjoy ? You already know that the new version of Android brings with it the new Google Now On Tap system , developed to offer contextualized information on any computer screen. New permissions for applications , new volume controls and the Doze system are also incorporated , a tool that will allow users to save a lot of energy.