The update to Android 7.0 Nougat is being one of the most anticipated in early 2017 . The devices of the Japanese firm Sony have already begun to be updated in many markets, so that the Sony Xperia Z5 , which is one of the current and important devices of the firm, would also be waiting for its corresponding data package. In fact, more than one may have already received the message and, therefore, is in perfect position to carry out the desired update process.
If you have a Sony Xperia Z5 and you don't really know where to start, today we want to offer you our help. The instructions will also be as useful for this device as for other terminals in the Xperia Z5 family . Next, we tell you how to update the Sony Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0 in a few steps.
First, check if the update is available
Is the update to Android 7.0 Nougat available for your Sony Xperia Z5 ? When the data package is available, you will most likely receive a notification from Sony itself , indicating that you have a pending update. This will remain fixed at the top of the phone, so you can retrieve it whenever you want . If you haven't received anything yet, you can also check the availability of the update yourself. All you have to do is access the Settings section > About the device> Updates> Update now .
Another way to check this is by accessing the official Sony website and entering your IMEI number : you will find it in the phone's purchase box. You can also open the phone dialer and enter * # 06 # . Insert the number you have obtained in the box enabled for it and you will see the information of the version of the operating system that corresponds to your mobile.
If it is not available, don't worry. It should start progressively in different markets, so it 's perfectly normal that you can't download it yet . In any case, we recommend that you try it in a few days.
Prepare your Sony Xperia Z5
If you want to start your update via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air), it is actually the most comfortable and simple process, you will have to have the phone well prepared. We recommend that you do the following:
- Fully charge the battery . It is important that your Sony Xperia Z5's battery is fully charged so that the phone does not turn off unexpectedly during the update process. Not for nothing could fatal failures occur in the operation of the equipment. Make sure the device is at least 50% full.
- Connect to a wireless WiFi network. Keep in mind that the download will be quite heavy, so you will need to have a connection strong enough to handle data packet size. In addition, being connected to a WiFi network, you will not spend extra data from the quota that you have contracted with your operator.
- Check the available capacity on your equipment . If you are one of those who overload your phone with countless photos, videos and applications, perhaps this time would be the ideal time to clean up. What can you do to free up memory? Well, very easy, pay attention to these three basic recommendations: uninstall the applications that you have downloaded and that you no longer use, move the applications to an external memory card and finally, transfer all the photos, videos and music you can to a removable card . With this, you should have freed up a good chunk of space.
Hands-on: get the upgrade up and running
When you have everything ready, you can start the software update for your Sony Xperia Z5 . Easy right? Now we are going to tell you how to update the phone without wires.
1. Once you have carried out all the preparations , all you have to do is retrieve the data package that you have ready to be installed on your terminal.
2. The data package will begin to download and from this moment on, the process can take between 15 and 45 minutes . For this reason, we recommend carrying out the update when you do not need to use the phone and do not have to receive important calls or messages, because you will not be able to use it in any case.
3. Follow the instructions provided by the system and keep in mind that the Sony Xperia Z5 may restart repeatedly . Please be patient and wait.
4. When the process has finished, you will have to re-enter your identification (PIN) to start using the device with the new version of Android 7.0 Nougat .
5. If you want, you can check that your Sony Xperia Z5 has indeed been updated by accessing the Settings> About device> Updates section . The version number should match the latest version.
Update via PC Companion
The update to Android 7.0 Nougat can also be carried out (like all the others) through the specific software that Sony has prepared for these cases, although if you install it, it will also be great for managing the files that you save on your computer, making copies security, and so on. And what is there to do?
1. Well, very easy. The first? Download PC Companion , the Sony Mobile program . The download, of course, is free. Here we provide the link to download it directly, whether you have a Windows computer or if you work through a Mac.
2. Install the file you just downloaded . The process may take a few minutes, but immediately you will see the program installed on your desktop. If you think you are going to use it often, enable a shortcut on your desktop.
3. Start the program by double-clicking on the access icon . Next, rescue the USB cable that comes in the box of your Sony Xperia Z5 and connect it to the computer.
4. In a few seconds, the device should be detected by the program . If not, disconnect your computer and try again. You shouldn't have any problem in this regard.
5. Click on the Update button , as long as the system has detected that you have an update available. If not, you probably still have to wait a few days. Be patient, the data package should arrive for all users in a few weeks.
This update system will come in handy if you are at home or at work and you can connect the phone to a computer, since in this way you will not have to worry about whether the battery is not at maximum capacity, nor about being connected to a wireless network . Whatever method you use, Android 7.0 Nougat should arrive on your computer without problems. If you have any other device from the Sony Xperia Z5 family you can follow this same process, because it should also be valid for you.
And you, tell us, have you managed to update your Sony Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0 ?