Just a few days ago, we told how to get a performance boost from your mobile phone with Android . One of the most drastic solutions was the factory reset, or what is the same, return the phone to the original configuration or settings, eliminating all those content and features that we have added to the equipment over time. The truth is that it is an interesting solution to try to recover a phone that we cannot make it work the same as the first day. This fact also offers us the opportunity to clean a phonewhen we have to lend it to a relative or friend and we want to deliver it without charges or information that could be confidential or private. But if you've never done a factory reset , you may not know where to start. In this article we will tell you how to make any Android phone like new in a few steps .
What will we achieve by doing a factory reset?
The factory reset is an option that is available to all users of any mobile with Android , whether or not experts in matters of software . When starting the reset, the devices will return to the factory settings and all the programs that we have installed up to that moment will be eliminated, as well as the files stored in the internal memory . The process is actually very simple and can be executed in very few steps. However, it should be borne in mind that all the elements will be struck down , so if we are interested in keeping them we will have to make a backup copy of all the elements.
If you don't know how to do it, we will tell you that the process is quite simple. All you have to do is access the Settings section and select the Backup option . Within this section, you will have to check Copy my data , which will allow you to save data about applications, WiFi passwords and other settings. Next, you will need to activate an account for the backup (you can use the one you have configured on your phone). You should know, on the other hand, that there are different programs that will facilitate this task and that will allow you to save a wide selection of additional content.
Do a factory reset in three easy steps
1) When you have made the backup (if you want to do it), you will have to access the user menu and select Settings> Privacy> Factory data reset .
2) If you can't find this route, don't worry. You are probably using an old version of Android and the exact location of this feature is in Backup> Reset phone .
3) Before starting the factory reset, you will need to indicate if you also want to delete the data (music, videos, photos…) stored on the terminal's SD card. If you don't want it, you don't have to delete them. In that case, deselect the Format SD card option .
4) Then, click on the Reset the phone button .
5) Let the device go through the reset process . You will see that it turns off by itself and that as soon as it restarts, the system asks you to set up a new Google account on the phone, as if you were opening the device for the first time.