That Windows 10 is the most important update that Microsoft has released to date seems to be a matter of consensus. After taking several blind spots with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, Redmond finally offers us a coherent solution and, above all, that adapts to all types of devices. The update has been in circulation for several months now and acceptance has been quite positive. The start menu returns to Windows and integrates with the Metro interface that we met with Windows 8, it also offers synchronization with other devices that have Windows 10, the complete Microsoft Edge browser and the Cortana voice assistantas an advanced search engine. However, if you are one of the most nostalgic you will have noticed that Windows 10 is missing something. We are talking about the games that came pre-installed as standard in previous versions, specifically Windows 7 . Titles like Spider Solitaire, Backgammon Titans, Checkers, Chess or the classic Minesweeper do not come standard with Windows 10, but it is already possible to recover them thanks to a simple program. The RedmondPie blog has been in charge of giving the details of this method that brings back the classic Windows games to the latest version.
In order to recover the classic Windows 7 games, all you have to do is download a ZIP file, unzip it, and then open the executable. We tell you how to do it step by step.
1) The first step is to download the file that will allow us to install the games. It is hosted on Mega and we have been able to verify that it does not contain any type of virus or malware. You can download it from this link . The file is 170 Mb , so it shouldn't take long to download.
2) Once you have downloaded the file, you will see that it is in ZIP format , so you will need unzipping software - we have used WinRar .
3) Double-clicking on the file opens a window with all the content, but in this case the only thing that interests us is the executable file (.exe). To extract it, simply drag it to another folder or, in our case, to the desktop.
4) To run the file, just double-click on it and the installer will open . The process is the same as the one we follow to install any other program and you will complete it in just one minute. The first step is to choose the language .
5) After selecting the language and clicking Next , we come to a screen where we can select which games we want to install. By default they are all marked, but you can install only those that interest you, for example Solitaire or Free Card. When you have made your selection, click Next and wait for the installation to finish.
6) The installer will notify you when it is finished and you can start playing. You can find all the newly installed games if you click on the Start menu and access the All applications section , within the Recently added block . You can also add shortcuts to the desktop to always have them at hand.