The new update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available. In fact, with the presentation of the new Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P , the brand new version of Google's operating system is already in the limelight, ready to be installed on the most cutting - edge smartphones on the market. But be careful, because not everyone will have the opportunity to receive it. Nexus devices will be the first to update . This will happen from next week. But what about the others? The rest of the companies have the update in their plans, but everything indicates that for firms such as Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony or Motorola, the arrival of this data packet will wait a little longer. So much so that it is very likely that the devices, no matter how cutting edge they are, will not begin to receive Marshmallow honeys until the end of the year or early 2016 .
But do you know why this update is important? Do you know what its key points are? Here are the seven most important features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow .
1) Granular permissions. This is one of the most important features of this update. With these new permissions, users will have the opportunity to grant or not permissions for each of the things that each application requests. In this way, if you do not want the application to automatically connect to the camera or use the GPS functions to locate you, you can make a much more specific selection and still use the application despite that.
2) Google Now On Tap. The Google Now that we knew until now will slide through all your applications so that you can make inquiries and obtain information tailored to your needs at all times. To use this function, you just have to click on the start button and the system will read the screen and search for those elements that could be important. In this way, to read the name of a restaurant, the system could take you to its location on the map.
3) USB Type-C . The USB update comes from the hand of USB Type C , a reversible tool that is very comfortable to transfer data and carry out charges. You will never again go wrong on the wrong side when inserting the device into the slot, simply because both sides are identical. The new version of Android has native support for this system.
4) Support for fingerprints . Another feature / functionality that is present in almost all new smartphones is the fingerprint sensor. This means that from now on it will no longer have to be the manufacturers who work specifically on this support. Most likely, this option is already available in almost all the new devices that are coming to the fore .
5) Improved cut, copy and paste functions . Here's a small but important change. Rather than having to search for these functions, users will find them floating above the selected text. In iOS goes something like.
6) Doze Project . All versions of the operating system usually introduce improvements in the autonomy section. On this occasion, the Google project is called Doze and it aims to monitor the use and activity of the device to adjust its operation. The operating system is capable of pausing those applications so that the battery drain is not so excessive. Google claims that the waiting time could even double .
7) Chrome within apps . And how uncomfortable it is to exit the application every time we are redirected to the browser ? Chrome will allow developers to enable cards that load content from the web so that, as far as possible, users do not have to leave the application and make a mess between windows.
And that's all. What do you think of these characteristics? Which of them could become your favorite?