Although it is true that many of the procedures related to Social Security can already be done through the internet, it is very likely that for many of the procedures or clarifications you will need to visit a physical office . For some time now, to be able to go to the Social Security offices you have to make an appointment.
And the truth is that it is not easy. Depending on where you live, you may have to wait a long time to complete the procedure . This will not prevent you from having to request the corresponding prior appointment. But, did you know that you can do it comfortably through the internet?
If you have never done it, below we will tell you how to request an appointment and get an appointment at your closest office or at the one you prefer. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
Make an appointment with Social Security online
If you go to a Social Security office without an appointment, you will most likely have to go home. Because they won't take care of you . Follow these steps to complete the procedure correctly from the beginning:
1. First, go to the page of Management Waits and Prior Appointment of Social Security. You will see that a form opens from which you have to add your personal data. Here you must include the name and surname of the natural person , identity document and their number, mobile phone and email address.
2. You will also have to indicate the type of appointment search . You can choose to include the first available appointment in the center closest to this zip code. Select the first available appointment in any center of the province you choose. Or choose directly the center, the day and the time in a specific province, which can be the same one where you reside or any one you can go to to carry out the management. Finally, answer the security question and click the Next button.
3. On the next page you will have to choose the reason why you want to request an appointment. Make sure you check the correct option . You can check any of the following:
- INFORMATION OR HEALTH ASSISTANCE MANAGEMENT , (National or international, inclusion of beneficiaries, issuance of European Health Card or Provisional Substitute Certificate).
- INFORMATION OR REQUEST FOR OTHER BENEFITS , (Birth and care of a minor, with or without healthcare, temporary disability, family benefits, pregnancy and lactation risks).
- INFORMATION OR REQUEST FOR PENSIONS , (Retirement pensions, permanent disability, widowhood, orphanhood and favor of relatives).
- OBTAINING CERTIFICATES AND OTHER PROCEDURES , (Issuance of certificates, changes of bank account or address, Cl @ ve registration).
4. The next thing is to choose a center. It is very likely that in the same province there are different centers in which to carry out procedures, although it is possible that certain procedures are only carried out in a specific office. Either way, a list of centers will appear and you will have to select the one that interests you the most, depending on its availability. Click on the Select button.
5. You will then have the option to choose a date (within those available) and a time. From there, the appointment will be confirmed and you will get a code for the appointment that you must save. You will also receive it directly to your email inbox.
You can download a PDF or if you find that there is a problem, cancel the appointment. In fact, if you could not go, you would have to access this page and enter your information to cancel it.