Buying furniture at IKEA has a very interesting advantage. Since they are not as expensive as a traditional piece of furniture, you can change them as many times as you consider. Either for aesthetics or for necessity. And in these IKEA walks, because the company has just launched a service in which its customers can sell second-hand furniture that they no longer use.
The campaign is called Let's save the furniture and it has started in a good number of IKEA stores located in Spain. It consists (among other restoration, repair and even donation initiatives) in which customers sell unused furniture, so that IKEA itself can buy it back and then sell it in El Desván de las Oportunidades: a section in which other customers they can buy them, for a price much lower than the original.
How to sell a second-hand IKEA furniture
If you have an IKEA piece of furniture and you don't really know what to do with it, maybe you can try your luck with the assessment made by the company itself. In any case, we recommend that you follow these instructions :
1. Access the page www.ikea.es/salvemoslosmuebles.
2. If you are already clear that you want to sell, click on the Sell button . Of course, we recommend taking the following into account:
- You can only sell furniture purchased at IKEA
- You do not need to bring the purchase receipt
- The furniture cannot have been modified
- You can only sell : drawers, tables, chairs, cabinets, desks, shelves and cabinets.
3. If your furniture meets the conditions mentioned, the next thing you will have to do is fill out a form. It is the form to sell a piece of furniture and it must contain all your personal data (name and surname, e-mail, ID, Address and Postal code). Click on the Next button.
4. Then fill in the details of the furniture you want to sell. Select a type, a color and indicate its dimensions. You can also include additional information, any details about possible defects and attach four photographs. Logically, they have to be photos made by yourself of the furniture, so that its condition can be seen well. It is not worth adding photos from the IKEA catalog, because these cannot reflect how the furniture is.
5. The next thing is to agree on the delivery details. You must choose one of the available stores . You can select any of the following:
- IKEA A Coruña
- IKEA Alcorcón
- IKEA Badalona
- IKEA Barakaldo
- IKEA Ensanche de Vallecas
- IKEA Gran Vía / L'Hospitalet
- IKEA Malaga
- IKEA Sabadell
- IKEA San Sebastián de los Reyes
- IKEA Seville
- IKEA Valencia
- IKEA Valladolid
- IKEA Zaragoza
You will receive a payment proposal in your email
In a maximum of 7 days, IKEA will respond to you with an email message in which they will make a payment proposal for your furniture. If you are interested, you can accept it. If not, you can reject it. If so, an IKEA expert will contact you to agree on the delivery details.
When you arrive at the center, an expert will assess the furniture on site . Remember that you have to deliver it assembled. If you take it disassembled, you will need to assemble it at the store (they will leave you tools to do it).
If everything is in order, they will hand you an IKEA card with the agreed amount . From that moment, the furniture can go on sale in the Attic of Opportunities and someone else can give your furniture a second life.