YouTube is the largest video platform on the Internet. In fact, ten years after its launch it is the third most visited site in the world, right after Google and Facebook . And although it is a great tool for everyone, it has a drawback in which you've already set: it is impossible to download videos to enjoy them when you are offline. There is an application for your Android mobile that will be very useful when watching videos from your smartphone or tablet. But, did you know that there are also applications to download these videos to any Android device ? Today we wanttell you how to easily download these contents in a few simple steps . Let's go there!
With YouTube Offline
It is the official tool, but it has certain disadvantages that make it practically inoperative. To begin with, you should know that since a few months ago, YouTube began to allow the download of certain videos. The feature is certainly useful and functional, but as we say, only for certain content. The second drawback has to do with the fact that the functionality is only available in certain regions . Specifically, in India, Indonesia and the Philippines . Be that as it may, to download the videos you just have to follow these steps:
1) Access the video you want from the YouTube application on your mobile phone. Look for the download button (it's gray with an arrow symbol with a dash below it). If you cannot find it anywhere, the video does not have the download option.
2) You can then choose the video quality: normal or HD . The download of the videos in high definition will be heavier and longer, of course.
3) The download will begin and you will be notified of its completion . You will be able to access the downloaded videos through your own user area and without the need for connection.
We have already told you that the official tool to download videos on YouTube is only available for some content and countries. If you are really interested in this question, perhaps the most reasonable thing is that you opt for this tool called TubeMate . In this case, unfortunately, you will need to be familiar with sideloading, because of course TubeMate is not available through the Google Play application store .
1) Access the official TubeMate page . Rule out imitations that can pose certain dangers to your Android device . From here you can download the application, always being alerted to the inconveniences of the app.
2) Next, you will have to sideload TubeMate . If you are not sure where to start, follow the instructions provided by PhoneArena .
3) Once the application is installed, you can access the configuration section. From here you can change some of the preferences , such as the location of the downloads.
4) To start with the downloads you can access the web version of YouTube . There you will find the green button that you will have to press to start the download.
5) Once you have chosen the video you want to download, select its quality . The higher the quality, the longer the process will take. In a few moments you should start enjoying offline videos.