How are you doing packing your bags to go on a trip? Are you one of those who go to a country and arrive twice as loaded as they left? If so, it is very likely that you have encountered problems when checking luggage. And you have had to face, logically, the costs that airlines demand when assuming surcharges.
Luckily, there are practical and agile solutions that can help us avoid these incidents at the airport. Correos, for example, has its own service to send suitcases through the Post Office on your travels. It is a good way to move around the world without loads, light as the wind, confident that when you arrive at your destination you will have your suitcase waiting for you.
What is EquiPaq, the luggage shipping service?
EquiPaq is the Correos Express luggage shipping service, with which you can make urgent luggage shipments with 24-hour delivery, for shipments in Spain and 48 hours in the Balearic Islands. You pay a price per suitcase of 17 euros per unit (VAT included), with a maximum weight of 25 kilos.
Users of this service should know that they cannot be paid on delivery: in this case the payment has to be made in advance. In addition, it is an exclusive service for suitcases, so shipments of other packages, boxes or packages that make it clear that what you want to send is not a suitcase will not be accepted.
Instructions to send your bags
If you are about to leave (or return) and want to send your bags to the destination point or to your home, we recommend that you follow these instructions:
1. Access the Correos Express Equipaq service page. From here you can make the first calculations and manage the shipment. This means that you will not need to go to any office, but you can request the service from wherever you are, thanks to the pick-up service.
2. Enter the details of the sending city and the receiving city. Choose if you want to send one or more suitcases. Next, click on the Calculate button . We have already indicated that the shipping price is 17 euros, VAT included. If you want your suitcase delivered on a Saturday, you will have to add a cost of 3 euros to the set.
3. The default delivery (there is no other option available to select) will be made before sunset and in 24 hours, except for the Balearic Islands. A word of advice: dangerous, fragile, valuable or perishable objects such as electronic devices, money, jewelery, computers, documents, passports should not be transported in the suitcase ).
You should know, on the other hand, that the following services are included in the shipping cost:
- Online shipment tracking
- Merchandise insurance
- Home collection
- Second delivery attempt
- Management of incidents
- Immediate location of the recipient
4. Once these options have been selected, you will have to click on the Next step button . Then, it will be time to indicate the collection and delivery addresses, as well as your personal data. When you're done, move on to the next and final step.
5. Now you only have to pay. In our case we have chosen a total of five suitcases, so the amount including VAT amounts to a total of 84.40 euros. As we have indicated, cash on delivery is not accepted, so you must pay the amount of the shipment through the usual card payment procedure.
If everything is correct, your bags should happily arrive at their destination within 24 hours.