We already know that the Korean company Samsung plans to update the vast majority of its most cutting-edge equipment to Android 5.0 Lollipop , the latest version of Google's operating system that is already coming to its current flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S5 . We still do not have accurate data on the arrival of the rest of the updates, but the truth is that everything indicates that the Korean is working fully on the launch of this data package for its main phones. Its roadmap includes equipment such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Samsung Galaxy S4, among others. The arrival of the data package that would correspond to the latter, however, will take a while. As is logical, the Korean will first put the updates corresponding to the most recent phones to the fore, leaving for later those of equipment such as the Samsung Galaxy S4 .
There is, however, an interesting possibility for those users who cannot wait any longer to enjoy the benefits of Lollipop on their mobile phone. For this you have to count, everything must be said, with extensive knowledge on the subject. We are talking about the unofficial update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy S4 . Do you dare to install it?
Things you need to know before updating
As we indicated at the beginning, the official update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy S4 is not yet available. However, the Cyanogen development team has released a custom unofficial ROM through the CyanogenMod 12 series that is compatible for the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 . The installation of this update is not highly recommended, since any modification made unofficially on the equipment can generate fatal failures and leave a device completely unusable. In fact, the warranty provided by Samsungto your customers it is completely canceled the second, if a mobile has been modified in this way. So, we want to remind you that:
1) To carry out this update, you must have specific knowledge of the matter. Only then, and still taking all the precautions, you can enjoy a successful update.
2) Neither tuexperto.com nor any media are responsible for the modifications made by the user on their equipment. The responsibility of any change, modification or failure will always be the owner who has carried out the changes.
3) The update that users will be able to install on their Samsung Galaxy S4 is still unstable. It contains some bugs or bugs that should be taken into account before getting down to work with the ROM installation .
What this ROM does not bring
Keep in mind, as we said, that we are facing an incomplete ROM . You will see that some important details are missing: theme engine, reorganization and quick adaptation settings, quick settings, reorganization and personalization bar, sound personalization panel or quick unlock. It should be noted, however, that the Cyanogen team has confirmed that the developed version has a stability of up to 85% , which is not small. However, as you can see, this is not a completely closed edition that includes everything we would ask for an official update.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 5.0.2 Unofficial Lollipop
1) The first thing you have to do is download the necessary files to carry out this update. It is about CyanogenMod Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM11 M12 ROM and Google Apps . You can download them directly to your computer.
2) Next, connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505) to the computer via USB cable. Make sure you have the USB driver installed . If not, you can access here to download it.
3) Now move the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop file (in zip format) and the one corresponding to Google Apps (also a Zip) to the SD card that you have installed in the terminal. Keep in mind that before carrying out the installation, your device must have been rooted and the ClockworkMod Recoverty tools must have been installed.
4) Turn off the phone and disconnect it from the computer. Start the computer through recovery mode by pressing the Volume and Power button .
5) When you have entered recovery mode, clear the phone memory . You can do this by selecting Wipe / Factory data reset . To navigate between these options you can use the volume keys and press the Power button to select.
6) Clear the cache memory by selecting the option to clear the cache partition . When you return to recovery mode, select Advanced and click on "clear Dalvik cache" . This is an optional step, but it will be very useful to solve any problem with boot loops or in the installation of the ROM .
7) Go back to the main recovery mode screen and select Install Zip from SD card.
8) Next, choose the Zip from the SD card and access the Android 5.0.2 ROM file to enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps .
9) When you are done, go to "+++++ Go Back +++++" and restart the computer. We recommend that you click on the option Restart the system now, available within the recovery menu.
From this moment on, your Samsung Galaxy S4 will start working to complete the boot process. As soon as it is turned on and after the necessary restart processes , the ROM should have been correctly installed. You can check this by accessing the Settings section and selecting About phone .