Do you have an iPad and the screen is broken? Taking into account that they are very large devices and with a full glass front, it is normal that in a fall, even a small fall, the screen breaks. If it has happened to you, we will show you how much it costs to repair it in the different models and in various repair services.
We start with the official Apple repair . The company does not provide a price list on its website. According to Apple, the price depends on the model, and we are encouraged to contact customer service for a quote. Mind you, it could be Apple's out-of-warranty repair fee prices. It would look like this:
- iPad Pro 12.9 '': 701 euros.
- iPad Pro 11 '': 541 euros.
- iPad Pro 10.5 '': 491.10 euros.
- iPad Air 3rd gen (2019): 421.10 euros.
- iPad Mini 5: 271.10 euros.
- iPad 6th gen: 271.10 euros.
Yes, the screen break is an expensive repair if we go for Apple. Of course, they are original answers.
We go a little further, to services that also offer repair to broken screens on iPads. Of course, this does not mean that the parts are not original. All the services that I put in this article claim to have official spare parts. The only difference is the service, since each one has a different technical team.
The Phone House
On their website we can see different pricing options for the different iPads. Mind you, not for the newer models.
- iPad 2: changing the glass + the LCD panel is priced at 96 euros. Only glass is priced at 55 euros.
- iPad 3: changing the glass and LCD has a price of 78 euros, while only repairing glass costs XX euros.
- iPad 4 Retina: Screen + LCD costs 97 euros. Only glass is priced at 60 euros.
- iPad Air: Repair the screen + LCD has a price of 162 euros. Glass costs
- iPad mini 2:
- iPad mini:
Repair screen in AlertPhone
AlertPhone is a website that allows the repair of our devices, including Apple. They also work with original spare parts. Also, with an interesting price. We have 13 models, although they are not the last available.
- iPad 1: 99 euros to repair LCD. 80 euros to repair touch.
- iPad 2: 99 euros LCD. 70 euros to repair touch.
- iPad 3: 99 euros LCD. 70 euros to repair touch.
- iPad 4: 99 euros LCD. 70 euros to repair touch.
- iPad 4 Retina : Repair LCD screen 120 euros. Repair glass 100 euros.
- iPad mini: Repair LCD screen 120 euros. Repair glass 80 euros.
- iPad mini 2: Repair LCD screen 120 euros. Repair glass 80 euros.
- iPad mini 3: Repair LCD screen 120 euros. Repair glass 90 euros.
- iPad Air: Repair LCD screen 120 euros. Repair glass 99 euros.
- iPad Air 2: Repair LCD screen 220 euros.
- iPad Pro 9.7: Repair LCD screen costs 290 euros.
- iPad Pro 12.9: Repair screen 350 euros.
- iPad 2017: Repair screen 120 euros.
Repair it yourself
This is not the most advisable option, but if you have knowledge you can save a few euros by repairing the screen of your iPad. On Ebay we can find a panel for the iPad 2018 for a price of about 25 euros. In the case of last year's iPad Pro, we can buy an LCD panel for around 160 euros.