We receive a thousand and one notifications every day. Those of the school's WhatsApp group, Google Now suggestions, weather forecast, SMS with offers and e-mails. Although in most mobiles you can already separate the notifications to have everything clearer, sometimes we get lost in the immensity of so much ping .
If you use your Gmail email for work , you will know how important it is to always be up to date with the emails that are arriving. Above all to respond quickly to your clients or collaborators. Or find out about the latest events at the moment.
In this way, you will not have to be aware of the mobile all the time . Most of us unlock our phones hundreds of times every day to take a look at notifications. And sometimes it is a simply useless gesture.
How to enable desktop notifications for Gmail
What are desktop notifications for? Well, so that you can see at all times who the email that has just arrived in your inbox is from.
This is a great way to avoid unlocking your phone all the time. And of course, to have more at hand any message you may need while you work.
Turning on desktop notifications for Gmail is very simple. All you have to do is the following:
1. Access your Gmail account . If you are not logged in, you will have to enter your access data. The username and password.
2. Once inside, with the inbox on the screen, you will need to access the configuration section . You can go by pressing on the gear wheel. It is located in the upper right part of the screen. Choose the Settings option.
3. You will see that you are only in the General tab. From here you have access to many options. If you go down you will see the Desktop Notifications section . By activating this option, we will allow Gmail to show pop-up notifications on the desktop. And this will be every time we receive a new email.
4. To activate this option, click on the blue link that reads the following: Click here if you want to enable desktop notifications for Gmail .
5. Immediately afterwards, a pop-up will appear where you will have to allow Gmail to show the famous notifications. All you have to do is click on the Allow option .
6. When you have finished configuring this option, go to the bottom of the page. Here you have to click on the Save the changes button .
You must bear in mind that ...
To enable desktop notifications in Gmail , you have to use one of three supported browsers. You will have no problem if you use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari to navigate. Of course, you will not be able to receive anything if you use Microsoft Edge, which is the Windows browser.
In addition, you will have to have the browser open . And have logged into your Gmail account. It is a question of security. Notifications can only be skipped on those computers where you have expressly logged in.
In addition, you must bear in mind that in principle you will only receive messages that fall within the Main category. If you work by categories, the email that reaches you in the Social, Promotions or Notifications section will be excluded.
Make sure to check the category that interests you. Thus, if you only want to receive messages labeled as important, you will have to indicate it in the configuration section.
If you want to disable notifications (because you receive too many emails or because the notices are simply annoying), don't worry. Go back over your steps to the Settings section and check the Disable notifications option . Save the changes and enjoy the silence again.