Just a few days ago we told you that the update to Android 5.0 Lollipop for the LG G2 had already started in some markets. It was, we said, an unequivocal sign that the data package will also arrive in Spain and that it should soon be available to users residing here. Not surprisingly, LG has been a pioneer firm when it comes to launching this same update for its current flagship, the LG G3 . With Lollipop , users will enjoy one of the biggest renovations this platform has undergone in recent times. This includes, as for terminals from other brands, the new Material Design interface(lighter and minimalist), intelligent notifications , a system of quick configuration or mode of energy saving more effective. The update for the LG G2 should arrive in the coming days and weeks, so below, we will tell you how you can download and install it . It is very easy if you follow these steps.
Option 1. Wireless upgrade (via FOTA, Firmware Over The Air).
Most current updates already arrive via FOTA. This means that you will not need cables and that you can run it at any time, as long as the phone is ready. We recommend that you follow these steps thoroughly.
First step. Prepare your LG G2 for this process.
1) Keep in mind that the update process requires some time during which you will not be able to use the equipment. For this reason, we recommend you carry it out when you are clear that you will not have to handle the device. The first thing you have to do is charge the LG G2 battery to the maximum, or at least, up to 80% of its capacity .
2) Next, connect to a WiFi wireless network. This is a fundamental gesture, because it will provide you with stability during the download process and will allow you to save on the data you have contracted with your provider . Keep in mind that the data package is quite heavy and that you would incur a significant data expense.
3) Make a backup of all the content that interests you the most. Any update process is delicate. Although it rarely happens, any failure could cause you to lose important data . Here's how to make a backup.
Second step. Make a backup of your settings and contents.
1) To make a backup or configure your LG G2 to do them automatically, turn on the phone and access the Settings> Backup and Restart section .
2) In this section, select Backup and data . The system will ask you to enter your Google account information or to create a new account. Follow the steps that apply. Enter the information and accept the license terms.
3) You will have to indicate what kind of content you want to store and if you want to make a periodic copy of this information so that it is stored in the Google cloud .
4) Finally, we have to point out that LG also includes a service called LG BackUp that allows you to make backup copies and restore information in case the data has been lost for whatever reason.
Third step. Look for Android 5.0 Lollipop for the LG G2.
1) It is very likely that before carrying out the update, you have received a notification indicating that the data package is already available . If so, all you have to do is accept the download and follow the recommended steps.
2) If not, you will have to search for the update yourself. Access the phone menu and select Update SW and then, Check if there is a new SW .
3) The phone will be the one that will tell you if the update is available or not . If it finds it, you will have to accept the download process by clicking on the Download button .
Fourth step. The update begins.
1) Please note that the download process can take a long time. Be patient and do not interrupt the process at any time.
2) When the download is finished, the update will start in a few seconds, automatically. Remember that this process can take 20, 30 or up to 45 minutes , depending on the terminal.
3) The device will reboot at different times. Just wait.
4) When the installation is finished, you can verify that you already enjoy Lollipop by accessing the Menu> Update WS section. If so, you should read this message: "You are using the latest version of the software for the current version of the OS."
Option 2. Wired upgrade, via PC Suite
You may not be interested in upgrading wirelessly. In that case, you should know that there is an interesting option: to use the software proposed by LG, PC Suite .
First step. Download the software provided for this purpose.
1) LG company offers users the possibility to update the phone through special software. It is LG PC Suite , a very interesting tool for this type of update, but also for making backup copies or synchronizing information.
2) If you did not have it installed before, we recommend you download PC Suite 5 , the version that all users who want to update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or higher editions should use.
3) Follow the installation instructions. When finished, the system will ask you if you want to install a shortcut icon on the desktop . Choose the option that suits you best, according to your criteria.
Second step. Connect the LG G2 to the computer.
1) The next step is to connect the LG G2 to your computer. Take one end of the cable (the smallest) and connect it to the computer input; the other end will be directly linked to the phone.
2) It is very likely that the PC Suite software will be activated automatically. If not, double click on the desktop icon or the one that you will find located (that safe) in the program bar.
3) Within PC Suite 5 , click on the Connect button . Choose the mode you want (USB or WiFi), always remembering that the phone and the computer must be connected to the same WiFi network .
4) Your LG G2 will now be ready to start the update.
Third step. Update your LG G2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
1) The moment of truth has come. Once the software is open and the LG G2 is connected, you will need to click on the My Device tab . Within this section, select the option Diagnosis and Update your device's software .
2) It will be the system itself that tells you if Android 5.0 Lollipop is ready to reach your LG G2 . If so, click on Run update.
3) Do not disconnect the LG G2 at any time from the computer. Remember that you will not be able to use this equipment while the process lasts (around 30 or 45 minutes ). The computer will restart repeatedly. When you last reboot it should already be running Android 5.0 Lollipop .