If there is a continent of generous dimensions, rich and varied, it is America. North America and South America are lands of contrasts, but they are united by the same continent. Today we have proposed to compile here a collection of maps of America, in multiple formats and for multiple purposes.
For example, we have selected political maps, so that you have clear - very clear - where the state of Wisconsin is, physical maps, so that you can locate the Hudson River once and for all and even silent maps, so that, once you have studied all North American geography, do not have a single problem to locate all the states and orographic features on the map.
The same with South America . Here it is important to have the countries well located and the truth is that it is not as easy as one can imagine. Especially when it comes to remembering exactly where the smaller countries were, with which there is always a conflict when locating them. Be that as it may, below we propose a selection of more than 250 maps of America. All are free to download and print. We hope you get a lot out of them!
Map of north america
Let's start in the North, because we must start somewhere extreme. The first thing we propose is a collection of political maps of North America, in which you will find the three countries located there: Canada, the United States and Mexico . Our proposal goes through a total of twenty political maps, which you can easily download and print below: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.
Being such a vast area of land , the orographic complications are many. So many. Rivers, mountain ranges, lakes, plains, deserts ... Everything we want to find is present in this territory, so we are going to propose a selection of up to twenty physical maps of North America, including Canada, the United States and Mexico. You can download and print them from here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
If you have already studied all the regions and are clear about the capitals, states and provinces of North America, the best thing you can do is put into practice what you have learned through the so-called silent maps. These are empty of content, so you can complete - by hand or through the computer - what you have been learning. Next, we propose twenty more silent maps , in which to locate all the cities, regions, states and orographic accidents that you want: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 , 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Before taking a look at the maps of the United States, which is the largest country in North America, let's look at a few maps of Canada, the dimensions of which are not at all discrete. If not the opposite. The territory is organized into ten provinces and three territories. The capital is Ottawa, although the most populous city is Toronto.
What we propose to start with is a selection of twenty political maps of Canada: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. In this way you will be able to correctly learn their regions and cities , which will be of great help to you whether you plan to reside in this country or if you plan to travel alone.
Canada is a vast country , ranking fourth in the world for area. It is also the country with the longest coastline in the world. Being a surface of these characteristics, with such an important extension, Canadian ecology, geography, vegetation and relief generates a very wide variety of climates in the country. Be that as it may, to learn a little more about its physical characteristics, we suggest you download these fifteen physical maps of Canada: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
And the next thing that we propose is to practice a little what you have learned. We have a total of ten blank maps of Canada that you can download and print for free, with the aim of putting your knowledge about the country black on white. You have them available below: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
United States map
The first thing we are going to propose to you is a selection of maps of the United States. In the first place, you will be able to download a series of political maps of the country, so that you will see each and every one of the states that make up these lands indicated. You can make yourself, nothing more and nothing less, than with a total of twenty. You have them available below: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Another option that you must necessarily consider, especially if you want to know in depth the orography of the North American terrain : physical maps. Here are twenty other physical maps of the United States to print and download: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Learning the North American states is easy for us. Since the country was founded in 1776, the United States has brought together a total of 50 states, which started from the 13 that were initially recognized. 48 are considered contiguous states and two are separated from the mainland. They are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee , Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Eastern Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.
What we offer you below is a selection of blank maps of the United States. In this way, after memorizing the 50 states and their position, you will be able to locate them on the map and put your knowledge to the test. You have a total of ten maps of the United States to download: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
If you need to download a map of a specific state (or for many), we recommend you take a look at this section. Because here you will find information and maps for each of the fifty.
- Map of Alabama . It has its capital in Montgomery, but the truth is that its most populated city is Birmingham. It is located in the southern region of the country. Download the map of Alabama.
- Map of Alaska . It is in the northwestern part of North America, right at the extreme, in the Pacific Divide. Its capital is Juneau, but the most populous city is Anchorage. Download the map of Alaska.
- Map of Arizona . Here we have the sixth largest state in the United States. Its capital and its most populous city is Phoenix. Download the map of Arizona.
- Map of Arkansas . The capital and most populous city of Arkansas is City Rock. The state is located in the southern region of the country, in the Central Southwest division. Download the Arkansas map.
- Map of California . We are now going to one of the most emblematic regions of the United States, if there is one that is not. California borders the Pacific Ocean and although its most populous city is Los Angeles, the capital is Sacramento. Download the map of California.
- Map of North Carolina . Historically this was the home of the first British colony in America. It is located in the southern region of the country, its capital being Raleigh, but its most populated city, Charlotte. Download the map of North Carolina.
- Map of South Carolina . It is a state with a small territorial extension, but the truth is that it is a leader in the manufacture of textiles and tobacco. The capital is Columbia. Download the map of South Carolina.
- Map of Colorado . The most populous city in Colorado is Denver and this is also its capital. The state is named after the Colorado River itself. Download the map of Colorado.
- Map of Connecticut. It is the eighth largest state in the United States, behind Alaska. Its capital and also its most populous city is Denver. Download the Connecticut map.
- Map of North Dakota . Now let's travel to North Dakota. Maybe some of its most important cities sound familiar to you, because the truth is that they are very mediatic. And, although its capital is Bismarck, the most populous city is Fargo. Download the map of North Dakota.
- Map of South Dakota . And now we move to South Dakota. It is located in the Midwest region of the country and has Pierre as its capital. However, its most populous city, which is Sioux Falls, may sound much more familiar to you. Download the map of South Dakota.
- Map of Delaware . It is one of the smallest states in the United States, only behind Rhode Island. However, it is one of those with a higher population density. Its capital is Dover and the most populous city, Wilmington. Download the map of Delaware.
- Florida map . Florida is in the southernmost region of the United States and is, in fact, part of its Southern Region. It is the third most populous state in the country. Tallahasse is the capital. Download the map of Florida.
- Georgia map . It is also located in the South Region of the country and has its capital in the famous Atlanta. It is the largest area, located east of the Mississippi River. Download the map of Georgia.
- Map of Hawaii . Hawaii is one of the fifty states that make up the United States, but in this case we are facing an island. Its capital and most populous city will surely sound familiar: Honolulu. Download the map of Hawaii.
- Map of Idaho . Idaho borders Canada to the north and is a region that stands out for the large amount of natural resources it has. The capital and most populous city is Boise. Download the Idaho map.
- Map of Illinois . Here we have the fifth most populous state in the United States. Illinois has Springfield as its capital, but its most populous city is the legendary Chicago. Download the map of Illinois.
- Map of Indiana . Most of the Indiana territory is made up of plains, which undoubtedly has always favored agriculture and crops as the main economic activity. Its capital and most populous city is Indianapolis. Download the map of Indiana.
- Map of Iowa . Among other things, Iowa is the largest producer of ethanol and soybeans, and has the largest pig herd in the country. The capital and the most populous city is Des Moines. Download the Iowa map.
- Map of Kansas . Although its capital is Topeka, chances are that its most populated city, which is Wichita, sounds more familiar to you. National leader in the agricultural industry, it is the largest wheat producer in the country. Download the map of Kansas.
- Map of Kentucky . Kentucky is located in the Center Southeast of the country and has, as its capital, Frankfort. However, the most populous city is Louisville. Download the Kentucky map.
- Map of Louisiana . Louisiana is the only state in the country in which political subdivisions are called parishes. There is a curious mix of French, Spanish, Indo-American and African culture. The capital is Baton Rouge, but the most populous capital happens to be New Orleans. Download the map of Louisiana.
- Map of Maine . It is located right in the New England division, which is the only one that retains the historic denomination in the United States. Its most populous city is Portland, but instead, the capital is Augusta. It is named after the French province of Maine. Download the map of Maine.
- Map of Maryland . The most populous city in Maryland is Baltimore, but the state capital is Annapolis. It owes its name to Queen Enriqueta María of France, wife of King Charles I of England. It was, however, one of the Thirteen Colonies that rebelled against the British. Download the map of Maryland.
- Map of Massachusetts . It is one of the least extensive states, but it is also one of the most populated. The name comes from the Massachusett tribe, who once inhabited this area. The capital and the most populous city at the same time is Boston. Download the map of Massachusetts.
- Map of Michigan . It is one of the leading states in the manufacturing industry and in addition, the capital of automobiles is located in Detroit, the most populous city. Instead, the state capital is Lansing. Download the map of Michigan.
- Map of Minnesota . It is located in the Midwest region of the country, in the Central Northwest division. It has more than five million inhabitants, most of them from Western Europe. The capital is Saint Paul, but the most populous capital, Minneapolis. Download the map of Minnesota.
- Map of Mississippi . Historically, the state of Mississippi has been very dependent on agriculture, which is why it is made up of farms and small cities. Of course, today the economy is much more diversified. The capital is Jackson. Download the Mississippi map.
- Map of Missouri . Missouri owes its name to the Missouri, who were a Sioux-speaking group called Ouemessourita. The capital of this state is Jefferson City, although the most populated city is the mythical Kansas City. Download the map of Missouri.
- Map of Montana . Montana is in the northern United States, so it borders Canada. It is the fourth largest state behind Alaska, Texas and California. The capital is Helena. Download the Montana map.
- Map of Nebraska . Before European settlers arrived, Nebraska was inhabited by several native tribes, including the Iowa, the Omaha, the Missouri, or the Poncas. Currently the capital is Lincoln. Download the Nebraska map.
- Map of Nevada . If you have ever thought about going to the mythical city of Las Vegas, you should know that you will land in the state of Nevada. This is, in fact, the largest city, although the capital is officially Carson City. Download the map of Nevada.
- Map of New Jersey . Let us now travel to New Jersey, whose capital is Trenton. It is located within the super populated areas of New York and Philadelphia, standing out for its manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries. Download the map of New Jersey.
- Map of New York . Although the most famous and populated city in this state is, logically, New York, the capital is Albany. As you can imagine, here is the largest financial and commercial center in the United States. Download the map of New York.
- Map of New Hampshire . It is located in the northeast region of the country, in New England, bordering Canada and, among others, the state of Maine. They call it "the State of Granite" and as a curiosity, the following legend is written on the license plates of all vehicles: "Live free or die." Download the New Hampshire map.
- Map of New Mexico . Native Americans inhabited it, but in 1598 it was colonized by Spanish. After being part of the Viceroyalty of Spain, it was part of independent Mexico, until it was annexed to the United States. The capital is Santa Fe, although the most populated capital turns out to be Albuquerque. Download the map of New Mexico.
- Map of Ohio . Did you know that Ohio is one of the most important industrial centers in the United States? Greats like Thomas Edison or Neil Armstrong were born there. Download the Ohio map.
- Map of Oklahoma . It is located in the south of the country and is an important national producer of natural gas and oil. The capital is Oklahoma City. Download the map of Oklahoma.
- Map of Oregon . The capital of Oregon is Salom, although its most populous city is Portland. The Columbia and Snake rivers are its great borders and its landscape is enormously varied. Download the map of Oregon.
- Map of Pennsylvania . Did you know that it was in the state of Pennsylvania where the Declaration of Independence was written and the Constitution was developed? It was, specifically, in its most populous city, Philadelphia. Its capital is Harrisburg. Download the map of Pennsylvania.
- Rhode Island map . Of the original thirteen colonies under British rule, Rhode Island was the first to declare its independence. They call it 'the Oceanic State' and its capital is Providence. Download the map of Rhode Island.
- Map of Tennessee . It was part of North Carolina, but later became part of the Southwest Territory. What is probably the cradle of rock and blues has as its capital the city of Nashville, although the most populated is Memphis. Download the Tennessee map.
- Map of Texas . For a time, Texas was part of Mexico, but finally became independent after the war between Mexico and the United States, in which the former lost. The capital of this state is Austin, although the most populated is Houston. Download the Texas map.
- Map of Utah. It is a densely populated state and is in the Rocky Mountain region. It is a major transportation and telecommunications hub in the United States. The capital is Salt Lake City. Download the Utah map.
- Map of Vermont . Vermont is another of the states that is located in the New England region, with capital in Montpelier. What is typical of there? Well, curiously, its autumn landscapes, dairy products and maple syrup. Do you want more? Download the map of Vermont.
- Map of Virginia . It seems that this state owes its name to Queen Elizabeth I of England, who never married and was known as 'the virgin queen'. The capital is Richmond, although the most populous city in the state is Virginia Beach. Download the map of Virginia.
- Map of West Virginia . During the Civil War, it separated from Virginia. It is a great tourist destination and in addition, the state is very famous for its mountains, coal mining and forestry industry. The capital and its most populous city is Charleston. Download the map of West Virginia.
- Map of Washington . It is located in the western region of the country and has nothing to do with the federal capital of the country. This state limits the North with Canada and has, as capital, Olympia, although its most populated city is the well-known Seattle. Download the map of Washington.
- Map of Wisconsin . The term Wisconsin, which was used to name the state, comes from the name given to the Wisconsin River by the indigenous group that lived in the territory when the Europeans arrived. The capital is Madison, although its most populous city is Milwaukee. Download the map of Wisconsin.
- Map of Wyoming . And we end this list of North American states with the largest in the United States and the least populated, only behind Alaska. Two thirds of the territory is covered by mountains and rocky ranges. The capital is Cheyenne. Download the Wyoming map.
Maps of Mexico
We are done with the maps of the United States , so now, moving on to the other country that is in North America, we will take a look at the maps of Mexico. The first thing that we propose is a selection of political maps of Mexico, with which you can see in what position each of the regions, cities and municipalities are located.
In total, the country is divided into 32 states, which are the following, with their respective capitals: Aguascalientes (Aguascalientes), Baja California (Mexicali), Baja California Sur (La Paz), Campeche (San Francisco de Campeche), Chiapas (Tuxtla Gutiérrez), Chihuahua (Chihuahua), Coahuila from Zaragoza (Saltillo), Colima (Colima), Durango (Victoria de Durango), Guanajuato (Guanajuato), Guerrero (Chilpancingo de los Bravo), Hidalgo (Pachuca de Soto), Jalisco (Guadalajara), Mexico (Toluca de Lerdo), Morelia (Michoacán de Ocampo), Morelos (Cuernavaca), Nayarit (Tepic), Nuevo León (Monterrey), Oaxaca (Oaxaca de Juárez), Puebla (Puebla de Zaragoza), Querétaro (Santiago de Querétaro), Quintana Roo (Chetumal), San Luis Potosí (San Luis Potosí), Sinaloa (Culiacán Rosales), Sonora (Hermosillo), Tabasco (Villahermosa), Tamaulipas (Ciudad Victoria), Tlaxcala (Tlaxcala de Xicohténcatl),Veracruz de Ignacio de la Llave (Xalapa-Enríquez), Yucatán (Mérida) and Zacatecas (Zacatecas).
We suggest you download a total of fifteen political maps to learn more about these regions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Here you can not miss the physical maps of Mexico , from which you can consult any particularity in the geography of the country. You can download a total of twenty, in which you will read very complete information on plains, deserts, rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, etc. Check them out below: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Once you have recognized and studied the Mexican territory, you can test yourself (or if you use these maps for teaching, examine your students) to locate the different regions on the map . To do this you will need dumb maps. We offer you a total of ten: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.