Facebook is a social network that has millions and millions of users around the world. There we publish countless photographs, thoughts, texts and other details related to our personal or private life.
If you register with Facebook for the first time, you will see that all your data is shared directly with everyone. It is the essence and the main mission of the social network of Mark Zuckerberg. But, did you know that you don't have to share everything you post?
In the guts of Facebook you have a good number of options to configure your privacy within the social network . In fact, the system includes a tool to check how other users (those who are your friends) see your profile on Facebook. But do you know how to do it? Too easy. And we will tell you below.
How do others see my Facebook?
If you want to know how others see your Facebook , you have it very easy. You just have to access the configuration section of your account. If you have never done it before, follow these instructions:
1. Access Facebook with your username (email address) and password.
2. Next, go directly to the Configuration section. If you don't know how to do it, calm down. You just have to click on the arrow at the top right of the screen . A menu will be displayed and here, right at the end, you will find the Settings option. Click above.
3. Next, you will access the configuration panel. From here you can choose and change many things. If you want to see how others see your Facebook (whether or not they are your friends), you will have to access the Biography and tagging section .
If you look at how the Facebook configuration section is structured, you will see that it gives the impression that those responsible for the service have dedicated themselves to hiding as much as possible all those elements that can help us control our privacy. But here we are to find out. Click on the section that we indicated .
4. Within this section, there is a section that reads Who can see the information in my biography? Here's a first option stating the following: Check what other people see in your bio. We just got where we wanted to go. Click on the View as link .
5. When you access here, a page will be displayed that will show you how your public profile looks . If you have it restricted, you should only see a small portion of what you post.
That is, the profile photo and the cover photo . You'll also see the posts you've made public and your presentation photos. If your profile is completely open, in Public mode you will see absolutely everything. So be careful.
How a specific person sees my Facebook
1. Then you have another option: check how a specific person sees your profile . Within this same page, you will see a box in which you will have to write the name of the friend. At this point it should be noted that Facebook only admits names of friends. Click on View as.
2. If you want to restrict your publications so that some of your contacts do not see them, you will have to access the Privacy section to configure it. Limit posts to that person in question. Then go back to the Bio and tagging section to see how you see it now.
And although it was previously available, currently there is no option to view your Facebook profile as those people you don't have as friends would. If you have doubts, the best thing you can do is block these profiles so that they cannot see anything at all .