It is possible that in the last few days you have had some other problem when accessing your ING Direct account, either through the web or the mobile application . The fault lies with the new legislation that banks have been forced to apply since last September 14.
We are talking about PSD2, a law that was passed in 2018 to guarantee, among other things, the safety of mobile banking users. And it is that from now on, most operations will have to be carried out through a double verification system and always through mobile.
It is the way that banks have found to guarantee compliance with this legislation. The fact is that in recent days, ING Direct users may have encountered problems when accessing their account . For example, if you have recently changed your mobile it is likely that you have not realized that you have activated mobile validation. The fact is that if you do not have it activated at this time when carrying out an operation through the mobile you will see how the transfer screen or similar only lets you cancel the operation, but does not take you to the site to validate.
Worse is on the web. In this case, after entering your ID, password and password, you will see how the website is thinking but without giving any error message or charging your accounts. Fortunately, the solution is quite simple.
How to activate the mobile validation of your ING account
If you want to continue accessing your ING account, either through the app or the web, it will be essential to activate mobile validation. You may think that you have everything ready, but if your phone does not have validation activated, you will not be able to accept any of the operations that the system asks you to verify through your mobile. If you have questions about how to do it, we recommend that you follow these steps:
1. Access the ING Direct application that you have installed on your mobile.
2. Enter the Personal Area menu and then select Security> Mobile validation> Activate on this device.
3. From there, you will receive a text message (SMS) with a code that you will have to enter in the application. Here you can configure the password that you are going to use from now on to operate. You should know, yes, that this is an option that you can have configured on as many mobiles as you need to use .
And from now on, what?
Once you have configured the mobile validation, you can start operating. But when? The answer is practically for everything. The operations you carry out, both through the web and from your mobile , will have to be verified from the ING Direct application.
In this way, every time you intend to carry out an operation, ING will send you a message through the application and you will have to confirm it . It is the bank's way of confirming that it is you who is actually carrying out the operation.
If you have problems with the ING Direct app ...
You should know that it works with any device that works with iOS or Android . It is very possible, yes, that if your device is rooted, ING recognizes the equipment as insecure and, therefore, you cannot do any type of operation. It is important, on the other hand:
- That you have updated the ING app with version 2.5 or higher. You can make sure to download the latest edition from this page.
- Do not forget to have the phone notifications active , because otherwise you will not have the opportunity to authorize your operations.
- Remember to activate mobile validation as we have explained previously, because otherwise, you will not receive any kind of notice. Not even an error message.
From now on, you can put aside the coordinate card, both for operations via the web and from the app. You see that it is easy, but if you resist installing the application on your device, you will not be able to continue operating through ING's digital channels either. In this case, you will have to settle for the services that the bank offers over the phone or through its physical ATMs.