The General Directorate of Traffic (DGT) has started the year 2020 by renewing the rates of the different permits that citizens must obtain. For each procedure of the car there is a specific price that must be paid. Next, we are going to offer you a list of the DGT 2020 rates so that you are not caught off guard.
It is important to be well informed about each procedure of the car that must be renewed and paid, since if you do not pay for it on time, additional charges can be added , and this would increase the price of said procedure. You should be careful not to get any unpleasant surprises. Payment can be done in different ways:
- By Internet through the DGT website using the digital certificate or electronic DNI. For any problem you have you have to check the configuration of your equipment.
- At your bank by filling out form 791.
- In the Provincial Traffic Headquarters itself. With any credit card, as payment in cash is not supported.
There are special situations, in which you may be exempt from paying DGT fees. Find out well, in case you are one of these people who does not have the duty to pay the fees in the car procedures
People exempt from paying DGT fees
- If you request the definitive cancellation of your vehicle justifying its delivery in an establishment that is authorized for its destruction.
- Those that request a duplicate of administrative authorizations to circulate or drive due to a change of address.
- People over 70 years of age who request the extension to maintain the validity of the license or any other authorization for driving.
- Applicants for a temporary cancellation of the vehicle, due to theft and subsequent cancellation due to the appearance.
- Diplomatic and consular personnel and their families.
DGT 2020 fees: prices for each car procedure
Driving license procedures
- Procedure to obtain a driving license: 42.70 euros.
- Procedure to obtain the driving license after the exam: 90.30 euros.
- Requesting the driver's license or permit after having lost it, or for running out of points and requesting it after having completed the required training without taking an exam: 27.70 euros.
Traffic permit procedures
- Authorizations and temporary permits, referring to tests, transfers, etc: 19.80 euros.
- Making transfers due to change of ownership in the circulation permit: 53.40 euros.
- Issue the driving license, any type of registration except mopeds: 95.80 euros.
- When making changes of ownership in the circulation permit, either by division, merger or contribution at no cost: 9.50 euros.
- Changes of ownership and issuance of moped licenses: 26.70 euros.
- Request for complementary circulation authorizations and the modifications provided for in article 14 of the General Vehicle Regulations: including any change to the initial authorization in the amount of the fee: 127.50 euros.
Driver recognition and training centers
- Obtain the necessary authorization for the registration and operation of a private driver's school, including other driver training and recognition centers: 424.60 euros.
- Modify the operating authorizations due to alteration of material or personal elements of the private driver's school, other recognition or training centers, having passed the inspection or without it: 42.70 euros
- Issue certificates on aptitude for teachers of private driving schools, directors and other degrees related to the DGT, and duplicates of said certificates: 96 euros.
- Exam fees for road training teachers and directors of driver's schools: 45.77 euros.