Like every spring-summer we have to comply with our tax obligations. On April 2, the deadline to present the 2018 Income Statement began , which means getting up to date with the Tax Agency regarding our accounts from the previous year. In this case 2018.
Taxpayers face an important novelty this year: and it is the impossibility of filing the return on paper. In this way, whatever means they use, they can only file the 2018 Income electronically, without paperwork involved.
But there are other important issues to consider. One of the most obvious: deadlines. Filing your income tax return after the deadline can have consequences. At least a fine, so you have to be especially careful when doing all the paperwork within the specified dates.
When does the term to present the 2018 Income end?
Keep in mind a date: July 1, 2019. That is the deadline for submitting the 2018 Income Tax return. There are still a couple of months left, but it is important that you are clear that from that day on, if you have not Once the return has been submitted, you will be out of the deadline and therefore, you will face a fine from the Tax Agency.
In addition, it is vital that you write down the following dates in your head (or in your diary, if you have a bad memory):
- March 15, 2019. From this day on, taxpayers have the possibility to consult their tax data online. The consultation is opened in advance so that they have time to collate the information and if they wish, from the day the 2018 Income campaign begins, they can already present the return and forget about it.
- April 1, 2019 . On this day, the period to request a prior appointment was opened through the “WE CALL YOU” plan, which is an option to make the declaration by telephone, through an advisor from the Tax Agency.
- April 2, 2019 . The 2018 income campaign begins. From this day on, the return can be submitted online.
- May 9, 2019 . If you want to make the declaration at the offices of the Tax Agency, from this day you can request an appointment.
- May 14, 2019 . As of May 14, face-to-face assistance will begin to be offered at the Tax Agency, but first you will have to have made an appointment. Otherwise, they will not serve you.
- June 26, 2019 . This is the date that the Tax Agency has set as the limit to domicile the returns that come out. If this is your case, you will have to hurry.
- June 28, 2019 . If you need to be seen in a physical office, you will have to hurry, because this is the last day you have to request an appointment.
- July 1, 2019 . It's over. This is the last day you have to file the 2018 Income Tax return. If you have not filed it yet, you may face a fine from the Tax Agency.
The importance of not leaving it for the last day
One of the recommendations that the experts make to us when facing the 2018 Income campaign is precisely not to leave everything until the last day. The Tax Agency gives us more than three months to download the tax data and make all the checks that we consider appropriate.
It is possible, however, that during this process you come across some information that does not match or with a document that you do not have. If you leave it all for the last day, the statement may not turn out as well as it should. Give yourself time and make the 2018 Income Statement calmly .