Just a month ago, the Google company made the update to Android 6.0 , the most recent version of this operating system, available to Nexus owners . At the moment, the only ones that have been updated have been these devices, but everything indicates that the launch of the data package for the rest of the manufacturers will take place shortly. Today we have learned, for example, that the first device in the Motorola catalog that will receive Android 6.0 will be the Motorola Moto X 2015 , a version also called Pure Edition or Play , depending on the market. The information arrives, nothing more and nothing less, than fromDavid Schuster , product manager for software company Motorola . He gives us clues about the status of the update within the American factory, now owned by Lenovo .
As explained by Schuster, Motorola has already started rolling in the Motorola Moto X 2015 or Pure Edition , although, as he explained, it is a test update that, for now, has only reached some teams. It is, in short, an initial test with which they want to see what happens, if the update is reliable and if it can be released globally to the rest of the teams in all the countries in which the Motorola Moto X 2015 is being updated. The manager has said that the update will still take a few weeks to be deployed to the common terminals. Rumors say, in fact, that Android 6.0 will begin to arrive on this team from November 2015, following the trail marked on the calendar for almost all the leading phones of the main brands.
And why is this update important? First of all, because they all are. The updates (no matter how small) incorporate substantial improvements and corrections to bugs or problems inherited from previous versions. In this case, in addition, users of the Motorola Moto X 2015 will have the opportunity to enjoy:
- Native support for fingerprint sensors and microSD cards . Until now, the manufacturers had been responsible for putting on the table the necessary software for their fingerprint readers.
- Granular control of application permissions , a much more comfortable and practical way to accept or reject permissions.
- Android Pay , the popular payment system, now adaptable to businesses, but also to purchases through Google Play .
- Improved Google Now , thanks to the Google Now On Tap option , which allows you to access much more related information from any screen of the phone.
- Simplified volume controls , to make it much easier for you to control the sound when playing content or adjusting the different alarms and bells.
- And Project Doze , a tool that puts to sleep some functions that you no longer use and that consume a lot of battery. In this way, you will save energy and you can enjoy your Motorola Moto X 2015 for longer.
And you, are you also waiting for the arrival of this update ? We will remain attentive to all the news that arise to keep you well informed.