Most banks offer their clients a coordinate card to ensure that they are the ones who carry out the most important banking operations. Now CaixaBank or La Caixa has just announced the possibility of getting rid of it, thanks to a new service called CaixaBank Sign.
Coordinate cards are not very practical. You have to have it in your hand yes or yes when doing certain operations. And this cannot always be. How many times have you left it at home, on your desk, because you had used it to make transfers?
With this new system it will never be necessary to carry it. In fact, as soon as you sign up for CaixaBank Sign, the card will be deactivated. And all you have to do is install a new application. And have the mobile at hand, of course. Nothing else. Today we tell you how you can sign up for this system to permanently abandon the coordinate card .
How does CaixaBank Sign work?
The first thing to bear in mind is that, as soon as you activate CaixaBank Sign, your coordinates card will be deactivated . And you will not be able to use it again, unless you stop by your office again to identify yourself and request a new one. Once this is clear, we can begin.
1. The first thing you will have to do is install the application . This service is not within the CaixaBank (La Caixa) app that you usually use to make inquiries, procedures, transfers and payments. You have to download it separately, because it is CaixaBank Sign. It is available for both iOS and Android.
2. You will see that it is not too heavy and that it is very quick to install, so leaving it on your phone forever should not be a problem . What we are going to do now is configure the application. Click on open and select a language.
4. Enter your access codes to Línea Abierta. They are, of course, the ones you use regularly to log into your CaixaBank account .
5. Next, the system will ask you to look up a number on your coordinate card. Click on the four corresponding numbers and choose Confirm .
6. It is very possible that, immediately afterwards, the application asks your permission to access and read your SMS messages. Because later you will receive an SMS to confirm the operation . And in this way, the coordinate card will be deactivated and your CaixaBank Sign service will be operational.
Receipt of authorizations
From now on, you will not need to go to the coordinate card every time you have to confirm an important operation. When you want to make a transfer, transfer or any other operation that requires a double confirmation, just turn on your phone.
There you will receive an alert that will indicate that your confirmation is necessary . You will see the detail. For example, "Operation of transfer of funds of 500.00 euros to an account ending in 568". Then you can also check the date and time of the operation.
If you are satisfied with the operation, it will only be necessary that you click on the Confirm button. If everything is correct, you will see a message that says Operation confirmed . CaixaBank will ask you to close the application and reopen it to verify that the transaction has been completed correctly.