There are many people who need multiple email accounts, either for personal or work reasons. And it is very convenient to be able to manage and use all of them from the same provider. That is why we are going to explain how to add another email account in Gmail, so that you have all your correspondence in one place. A procedure, as you can see, quite simple and automated. First, we will focus on the web version of Gmail. Then, we will proceed to attack Google's Android application. We begin.
How to add another email account in Gmail web version
If you usually handle your mail while in the office, you will surely be interested in having all your email accounts in the same tray . To do this, you just have to follow the following steps. You will see how everything is quite simple and you will not have to put strange commands or anything like that.
- Enter www.gmail.com and access your Gmail account.
- Once you have entered your Gmail email, you must select the configuration option . To do this, look at the top of the web, just below your profile photo. The gear icon is where you should click, as shown in the following screenshot.
Once you have pressed the gear and the pop-up window has been displayed, you must go, now, to account settings. In this section you can change and manage everything related to your Gmail email. Among other things, of course, importing third-party accounts to have them all in one place. As we see in the screenshot, it is the fourth section to which we must go. In 'Accounts and import' is where everything related to the chosen topic is.
- Now you can start to associate your account, for example, Outlook, in Gmail. To do this, you must follow a few simple steps that will end with the total integration of all your email accounts. First, you must write the email account that you must associate and click 'Next'. As you can see in the following screenshot, the first step is already done. Now it only remains to start importing all the information related to your other account.
For syncing to be possible, you must be signed in to the other account that you own. Once you've successfully logged into your Hotmail account, for example, go back to Gmail and confirm that you agree to have your data synced from one account to another. This is the pop-up screen that will appear to confirm the operation.
Now only remains the last and most important step of all and with which this tutorial ends. If you press 'Start import', Gmail will automatically begin to import all your contacts, emails and all new mail in the next 30 days . After a month, you will have to go through the whole process again. It is, perhaps, the most negative point of synchronization, but it is so simple that it will not cost you anything to do it once every 30 days.
Once the process has finished, which can take several hours in the case of having to import numerous contacts and emails, you will be able to see all your emails in Gmail. You just have to go to the left side of the web page and under 'More labels' you will find the email that you have synchronized . To do this, you just have to open the section drop-down. As simple as that.
How to add another email account in Gmail application
If you prefer to perform the process from the Android Gmail application, the process is quite simple too. For this, and as is evident, you must have this app installed on your mobile phone. The application is free and very easy to use. You must go to the app store and download it from there.
When you add another email account to your Gmail account, you can do the following:
- Search for an email by criteria such as the sender, a specific subject or any other search term that comes to mind.
- Move an email to any of the folders that you have created in order to have all your messaging much better organized.
- Being able to choose how to view the emails , if they are all grouped in conversations or if, on the contrary, you prefer that each new email from the same thread reaches the inbox separately.
To add another new email account in Gmail , but this time in the Android application, you must do the following:
- Open the Gmail application on your mobile phone
- Open the hamburger menu (with three stripes) that you have in the upper left part of the application.
- Look at your profile photo and locate the little arrow in it . Tap it to see the add and import account options.
- Now, if we click 'Add account' , we can choose the email provider that we are going to synchronize. It can be another account from Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Office 365 and others.
- Follow the steps indicated to continue with the synchronization and import of contacts and emails.
If, on the contrary, what you want is to delete one of the accounts that you have associated with Gmail , you must follow the following steps. Do not worry if you get lost, because we will place explanatory captures. It is convenient that you have the phone with you while we carry out the whole process.
- As in the opposite case, we go to the hamburger menu (with three stripes and we look again at the profile photo. We press the arrow down and this time we select 'Manage accounts'
- Once we have opened the account administration window, we proceed to choose the one we want to delete. In this case, we are going to remove an additional one from Google that we have.
- To do this, click on the Google icon (or the Outlook icon , if it is) and a new screen will open with the email accounts that we have synchronized. We click on the one we want to delete and then on the three dots that we see at the top right.
- A small pop-up window will open in which you can read 'Remove account' . Click if we want to delete the account altogether. In the case of wanting to add again, we go to the previous points.
To switch from one account to another
- Switching from one account to another in Gmail is very simple.
- Open the three dot hamburger menu .
- To see the list of accounts, click on the arrow on the profile photo.
- Tap the account you want to use .