Did you know that Samsung Spain is already carrying out the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy S4 located in our country? Since last Thursday, March 6, the firm has been distributing the data package to all free terminals. This means that if you have a Samsung Galaxy S4 in your hands you can start looking for the update and get to work. If you do not know very well how to update the equipment, here are the instructions to integrate this data package to the terminal, step by step. At this point we must remind you that you can update the device via FOTA or by connecting the terminal to the KIES 3 software. We give you all the keys to do it in both ways.
OPTION 1. Update through KIES 3.
First step. Install the software on your computer .
1) If you choose to update through this program, it will be necessary to first install the software called KIES 3 . Remember that you have to download the latest version of this program and not the one that had been used to date.
2) You will get this program from the official website of Samsung Kies . Kies 3 is available for all smartphones and tablets starting with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or those running Android 4.3 or higher. Click on the Download Kies 3 button .
3) In a few seconds the download will begin. Wait for it to finish. The process can take five or seven minutes.
4) Open the newly downloaded file (you will surely find it at the bottom of your browser or in the folder for downloads). Click on the Run button and save the file. Accept the license terms and begin the installation process.
5) Please wait during the installation process, which will take several minutes. In a short time you will receive a message asking if you want to integrate the shortcut icon on the desktop. When the process is finished, click on Finish .
Second step. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer.
1) Now you have to connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer. You can do it through the USB cable that you will find in the phone's purchase box, although you also have the option of using any other compatible cable.
2) Hook the cable to the microUSB slot of the device and the other end to the computer. The computer would then have to detect the presence of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and run the software automatically. If this does not happen, click on the Kies 3 program to run it. In a few minutes, the system should go from Connecting to Connected .
3) It is quite possible that the update is already available. Click on the Basic Information tab of the program and check if you read the indication "The update is available . " Your Samsung Galaxy S4 is ready to be updated.
Third step. Make a backup.
1) Before carrying out the update, it is very convenient to make a backup that can avoid any data loss during the process. To start, click on the Backup / Restore tab .
2) Next, you will have to select which elements you want to include in the backup. We recommend you click on the option Select all elements .
3) Finally, click on Backup . Keep in mind that the process can take a few minutes, although this period will depend on the amount of data you have saved on your computer. When finished, click on Complete .
Fourth step. It starts with the update .
1) When you have done all the previous steps, you can click on Download firmware .
2) During the update process, do not disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S4 from your computer at any time . See how the process is progressing through the progress bar. This can last for a few minutes.
3) As soon as you finish, you will receive a notification from the software itself . At that time you can click on Accept and disconnect the equipment from the computer.
4) Finally, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will restart and you will be able to start enjoying all the news of the update to Android 4.4 KitKat .
OPTION 2. Update via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) or wirelessly.
First step. Prepare when to update .
1) First of all, we advise you to have the equipment's battery fully charged. It is recommended that it be 100% , but it will be enough if it exceeds 80% . Keep in mind that any interruption could cause fatal equipment errors.
2) But this is not all. Before starting the download, make sure you connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to a stable WiFi wireless network (at home, at work ...) that is a guarantee of stability. Keep in mind that the download package is somewhat heavy and requires a connection other than the classic 3G.
3) Finally, we recommend that you make a backup copy of all the contents of your computer. You can do it easily through the Kies 3 software , following the instructions that we have indicated in the upper section.
Second step. Look for the update.
1) Most likely, if you have a free terminal, you have received a notification to alert you of the arrival of the Android 4.4 KitKat update .
2) If this has not been the case, we recommend you access the Settings> About device section to check if the data package is indeed available.
3) Click on the Software update button .
Third step. Install Android 4.4 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S4 .
1) As soon as you click on the update button, your Samsung Galaxy S4 will connect to the Samsung servers . The download process can take a few minutes.
2) And from now on you don't have to complicate much more. Once the package is downloaded, you will receive specific instructions to install the update . Be patient and wait for the process to finish.
3) The phone will restart automatically. As soon as you start the phone, you should see all the Android 4.4 KitKat improvements on the Samsung Galaxy S4 .