WhatsApp is one of the most used applications currently in the world. To the point that it can be a real disappointment that, for some reason, the account is temporarily suspended. Of course, the service has its own policies and security rules that must be respected so that our account is always active. In the case of violating any, we could end up not being able to re-enter it.
If WhatsApp were to suspend our account, the normal thing is that a message will appear warning us of what happened. It could appear: "Your number is not authorized to use our service", or simply not see anything. From this moment on, we will not be able to enter the application. We will not be able to write to individual contacts or groups, or view current and past messages. In other words, we will not be able to use any of the functions of the platform. Now, why does this usually happen? What are the reasons why WhatsApp can suspend an account?
- WhatsApp is being used to send spam
- Other users are being disturbed
- Text or images are being used that violate the terms of service. Whether it is obscene, illegal, racist, xenophobic, threatening content ...
- Many users are being blocked in a short period of time
Recover your suspended WhatsApp account
If you are reading these lines, perhaps it is that you have had the bad luck that WhatsApp has suspended your account. Don't worry, because it is possible to recover it by following a series of steps. Typically, if they haven't seen premeditated abuse and have never had your account locked before, they will turn a blind eye and re-grant you access to use the service. Also, if 72 hours have not passed, you will receive all those messages that have been written to you during the time that your account has been disabled.
To reactivate your account, the first thing you have to do is go to your email and add the following address to the recipient: [email protected] This is where you will have to send your e-mail including the following details:
- Phone number + the area code of your country. In Spain the area code is + 34.
- Also tell them the full device model you were using at the time your account was suspended. For example: Samsung Galaxy S9 in case it is this.
- Write what happened in the message. If you know English much better, you can ask someone to translate it for you. Tell them that your account has been suspended and please reactivate it as soon as possible.
Once this is done, you will have no choice but to wait to see if WhatsApp gives you an answer to what happened. If you are not a repeat offender, it is normal for them to contact you. In the event that a week passes and they have not done so, you can resend the email to the same address. Keep in mind that if time passes and they show no signs of life, you will have no choice but to get used to the idea that you have lost your account forever. The only solution here is to use another phone number and start from scratch, notifying all your contacts of the change.