All Windows drives have their own drive letter. Usually, the hard drive has the letter C . There are other external devices that are assigned the letters D, E or F.
The possibilities are vast. But did you know that you can change the letter to any drive on your Windows 10 computer ?
If you prefer to use other letters because you need to organize yourself differently or because you want to use clearer denominations , you should know that you can do it easily. Windows 10 makes it easy for us, so today we will tell you step by step how you can do it.
1. The first thing you have to do is click on the Windows start button and type Control Panel . You don't have to find a slot to do it. As soon as you type the first letter, the search will be activated and the Control Panel option will appear at the top of this section.
2. Click on Control Panel . Once inside, you will have the opportunity to access the guts of your computer's configuration. The option you must select is System and security.
3. Once inside this section, what you will have to do is access the Administrative Tools section . This is the section that interests us to start changing the letter of the units that interest us. Click on it to access all the options.
4. Now you will access a new folder, from which (finally) you can make the change you need to make. All you have to do at this time is click on the first option. Which is none other than Team Management.
5. What you see in this section are the different disks you have on your computer . At this point you have it easy, because you have to directly access the drive from which you want to modify the letter.
6. Click on it with the right mouse button and choose the following option: Change the drive letter and paths . Then, you will access a new screen that says "Allow access to this volume using the following drive letter and paths". The letter currently used will appear next.
7. Click on the Change option. You will see that a drop-down menu is activated in which you can select the new letter that interests you . The system will ask you for the following: Type a new drive letter or path for D: (LENOVO), which is our drive. The letter and / or drive you have chosen will appear to you.
8. You will not need to type anything. but you will have to select the letter. Logically, you can choose any letter of the alphabet (from A to Z) , except those that are already in use. For example, C, which is the one commonly used for the central hard drive, is most likely not available. Unless you have previously changed the classic name of this unit for another.
9. Before choosing a letter, make sure Map the following drive letter (instead of Mount to the following empty NTFS folder) is selected.
10. When you're done, click OK. You will have to do the same in the rest of the windows that you have open, until the configuration process is finished.
And that's it. Now you can repeat the same procedure as many times as you consider necessary , if you think you have to modify other units. In fact, you can also change the one you just renamed as many times as you want.